anyone here applied for SLMC-GC???Register Today!
- by Raine14 Jul 29, '08how was it? can you share your experiences? I heared there's a height requirement? Did they already pick applicants that are for training?
- 63,273 Views
- Jul 29, '08 by dave787can you please state clearly what those abreviation means
- Jul 29, '08 by gazebo14Quote from dave787SLMC-GC is St.Lukes Medical Center -Global Citycan you please state clearly what those abreviation means
yup, there's a height requirement and you must not be over weight nor under weight, if so, you must loose or gain the said weight (for real) then after 2 weeks if they like you or you passed their assessment they'll call you for the technical interview. they hate follow ups.
actually, they haven't hired any yet, they said you'll have your training in SLMC-QC for 3 mos and they'll call you, if you have a good evaluation based on your performance. then you'll be the pioneer employees for slmc-gc (take note your a full time employee) which will be opening October next year.
for those who doesn't receive a call after two weeks your papers will be filed for future reference.
you'll be interviewed by 3's its like an open forum.
- Jul 29, '08 by lenjoy03I already have a regular job and very contented with it. I'm just curious.
How come there's a height and weight requirement? I got the point to hire someone who is physically fit, but what if the top 1 of the board exam applied and suddenly his just 4"11' or less and has a weight of 200 lbs? No offense! Gee.... I guess they'll give exception for this, but what about those who deserve to have a job in a nursing profession? Well I know everyone should follow the rules, but I guess this kind of rule is really unfair! I've read that there are nurses who are not that tall and are successful in their career. What would you do with a height and weight if your hiring someone who has no heart for the profession? And its already a form of discrimination. Just my own opinion.
- Jul 30, '08 by pharm_studentnurseAre they accepting newly registered nurses, those who just passed the June 2008 NLE?
- Jul 31, '08 by tinxyes they do accept newly grad nurse.just pass your resume at st lukes cathedral heights 16th floor, E. rodriguez.they are hiring continously and needing a lot of staff nurses and other medical professions for the opening of st lukes the fort.best of luck to you!!
- Quote from tinxThank you tinx! may I ask when did you start your application and how long did you wait before you got a call from them? Do you know what the minimum board rating they accept? And lastly, do you mind sharing some tips?there's no height limit for applying as a staff nurse at St Luke's medical center.I myself is 4' 11" in height but they accepted me. I am done with my medical exam and will begin the training this Aug 14.Just do your best!! Good luck!
- Do you think it is an advantage if I indicate in my resume that I already passed my NCLEX? Someone told me that it is not in St. Lukes prospective, Is it true?