Critical Care Nursing program at Durham CollegeRegister Today!
- by oneLoneNurse Nov 7, '12I am returning to Canada after many years, and thinking of taking the Critical Care Nursing program at Durham College . It seems like great training, two weekends of hands on then a 10 day 12 hour mentorship. Seems to me like it's a great program; not without hard work. Anyone taken the course? Any ideas?
- Nov 10, '12 by JessicaG-OYes I just got my license and would like to take this course too. Do you know if I have to been practicing nursing for a number of years first before I can take it. A link to the site would be great.
- Nov 13, '12 by oneLoneNurseNo, you do not; it seems like an excellent program taught by well qualified instructors. Please let me know what you think, I am going to register this week. Durham College: Critical Care Nursing Graduate Certificate Program
- Nov 14, '12 by JGTBQuite a few of my colleagues have taken this course and really enjoyed it. I hear the sim lab is pretty great too and the instructors are excellent. (I took the critical care course through Mohawk College and that was fairly decent too)
- Nov 15, '12 by oneLoneNurseThanks for replying. I have just relocated from Philadelphia, and I think the Canadian method of getting people into CCU is the way to go. The Durham instructors' backgrounds seem stellar, and I think they are in earnest, as I am.
My room mate happens to be a NICU nurse and she tells me that the jobs are in Intensive Care, and the ER. While I may never work in the field I think the course would be a great asset to have.
- Nov 16, '12 by oneLoneNurseJust registered for the course. At times in 'our' lives we must make hard choices. I know it will not be easy, but I think this course is worth the worry, work, and cost.