BC RN wanting to practice in AB - Page 3Register Today!
- Mar 7, '12 by imanurs03Quote from iheartcanucks2012Wow, I'm reading your post and I'm feeling deja vu. I'm working on my registration with CARNA as an IEN as well. My family and I will be moving to Alberta from BC in a couple of months. Goodluck to you and me =)Hi Everyone!The reason I am strarting this topic is because i am so confused with the "reciprocity" (if it even exists) process of Candian RNs moving from one jurisdiction to another. To start with, let me tell you a lil something about my self. I am an IEN and obtained my Full Practising RN license in Vancouver. I went through all the IEN assessments, had SEC, took some courses as a result of the assessment and passed CRNE. I finished 250 supervised RN hours and was employed oncall on one of the private facility/ care home in the Lower Mainland. Family recently moved to Alberta for work, (obviously it's not me) hence i applied with CARNA. I got confused whether i should apply as a CANADIAN RN or use the IEN application. I have read that one of the reqts to apply as Canadian RN is that you must have worked 1125 hours as RN or must have graduated in a Canadian school. My question is-- does the 1125 hrs meant 1125 CANADIAN RN HOURs or doesnt matter where you practised your RN as long as you can come up with the hours.
- Mar 7, '12 by iheartcanucks2012Hi imanurs03Did you start the process with CARNA already? How many hours have you worked back in BC? Goodluck!
- Mar 8, '12 by imanurs03I applied for registration with CARNA in 2009, but my application lapsed. I thought we were staying in BC for good and that's why I didn't pursue it anymore, but I have to re-apply all over again. I'm employed as casual and have only worked a little over 200 hours. I hope all goes well =)
- Apr 26, '12 by imanurs03Hey iheartcanucks how's your application going?
- May 3, '12 by iheartcanucks2012hi imanurs03
sorry for the late reply.
I decided not to go thru with my application for now. I just had my baby a couple of months ago and I want to focus on her for now. I actually applied for postings in SK and Golden, BC. I got calls from SK but had to decline for now. I thought my mom would be here last month but there has been some delays with her visa application so I can't really work til she gets here.
Are you in AB already? Please keep me posted re: your CARNA application.
- May 10, '12 by imanurs03Congratulations! I applied to CARNA as an IEN, but I received an email from them that I am eligible to apply as Canadian RN with my experience from the U.S. =) So, I did and I'm still waiting for a reply. My family and I are moving to St. Paul sometime in July. Goodluck to you!
- Sep 8, '12 by iheartcanucks2012Hi imanurs03
How's it going? How was your move here? Are you working in Alberta yet?