Confess! Whats the craziest force of habit you've done in the "Real World" - Page 20Register Today!
- Sep 14, '11 by BrandybunsRNQuote from pielęgniarkaLOL I've done the same thing many many times.... my husband has some great veins!I admire veins on people, it's true. Sometimes when my husband and I are sitting around I'll just feel the ones on his arm. He'll tell me to stop because I'm creeping him out. But I would love to start an IV on him. Great veins!!!!
I must admit I sneak peeks at people in public also (usually men!). We have been in the grocery store more than once when I've seen my husband barely glance at a cute girl walking by while I stare and drool at the guy in line behind me while whispering to my husband "...just LOOK at those veins!"
- Sep 14, '11 by RNOTODAYwhen i sleep,i have to be on my left side......
- Sep 15, '11 by SnfRnAnother one guilty of the "catch myself before signing RN (or worse, RN-evening supervisor)" on kids' permission slips, checks, etc
Became so fond of my cargo style scrubs, started wearing only cargo style pants at home; and then doing the "pat down" searching for pens, scissors, etc at the store or wherever.
Depending on how tired I am, there can be up to a five second pause when answering the phone while reorienting myself to if I'm at home or work
Knock on doors before entering rooms
Tell the kids "if there's no bones showing or blood gushing, you'll be fine"
Fell asleep at the dentist's once, and they were so sweet they let me nap for 30 min!
- Sep 15, '11 by RN.at.heartQuote from manjaNurseOMG, I did the same thing! It never occurred to me why the office nurse looked at me so weird! I thought every mom explained what was going to happen to their kids :smackingfWhen my infant had his routine immunisation injection, I was holding him and explaining to him what the nurse is doing and what will happen next. The nurse looked at me and asked, 'Are you a nurse too? I've never heard any parent explaining an injection'.
- Sep 15, '11 by RN.at.heartVein stalker, random pulse checker, "RN" signer, "4west, this is RN.at.heart" home phone answerer, Wal-Mart diagnostician, TV-show CPR critic, neurotic documenter, five-star first aid kit technician, phantom vent alarm searcher . . . . yep, all guilty as charged.
12 yrs of nursing has taught me many things, the most important being I don't know everything but I can always learn. The second is that you are always a nurse no matter where you are or what you are doing. Thanks to all those who proudly wear the mantle of Nurse.
- Sep 16, '11 by elmoRNEvery time I leave a room I reach my hand up to get hand sanitizer...even though there isn't usually any there...I've jammed a few fingers doing it actually.
My husband is constantly creeped out because I just stare at his veins, and I palpate them constantly. I also sign my name with my first initial, Last name, RN on checks and stuff.
I am always putting pens into invisible pockets because I think I am still wearing a scrub top, and I do the pat down to figure out where I have put things even though I am wearing street clothes.
I knock on every door before I open it...even the closet door.
I answer my phone with my hospital greeting sometimes.
I tried to elevate the head of my bed when my husband was sick and couldn't breath well.
- Sep 17, '11 by ~Mi Vida Loca~RNI'm guessing the vein thing isn't so unusual after all, to non medical people anyway. I. Notice the veins in everyone, before even their face. On tv also. I have been seeing a lot of shows lately with big forehead veins and will say " I wonder if I could get an IV in that sucker."
Today I finally answered my phone wrong saying "peds this is Vida" and I get so mad watching anything medical anymore but still watch, I annoy my family by saying all the things wrong. In fact it's watching these shows I feel super smart.