Help -- Should I call again?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Help -- Should I call again? in Nursing First Job Hunt Assistance, part of Nursing Career Advice ... Long story short: Interview on August 8th (went well, asked back to shadow) Shadowed on...by cheska_rn Aug 28, '12Long story short:
Interview on August 8th (went well, asked back to shadow)
Shadowed on August 10th
Emailed hiring mgr interest in the position August 12th
Received reply from hiring mgr saying he would forward my response to HR August 14th
Heard from a reliable source that the position would be offered to me on August 17th
Emailed HR recruiter to inquire as to whether or not I was still being considered on August 21st
HR Recruiter emailed back same day (August 21st) that upon SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF BACKGROUND I would hear from them.
Okay, so it is a week later and I haven't heard anything. If I call/email will that be a bit much? I am very interested in this position, but am not a fan of the lack of urgency, lol.
So, should I call and ask status of background or just be patient?? THANKS!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=778647©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 625 Views
- Aug 28, '12 by Kalypso2kI am by no means an expert (licensed in June...still looking) but I have heard from a few classmates (in FL) that their background checks took over a week. They did paperwork on a Tues and didn't hear back till the following Fri. (10days)
I say give it another day then make contact inquiring on the status of the background check and if there is any further information they require as you are very interested in the position.
Just my 2 cents.
- Aug 29, '12 by fashionistaRNNothing wrong with calling/e-mailing on the status of your interview/job offer. I would do it
- Aug 29, '12 by cheska_rnThanks, both, for your replies and suggestions. I really want to call, but don't want to seem like I am being impatient, or a nag.
I'm still undecided. Was hoping/praying to hear something today. It has been 8 days since I heard "upon successful completion of background we will be in contact".
- Aug 29, '12 by cheska_rnWell, if anyone cares, they called today and offered the position!
- Aug 29, '12 by itfeelsgr82savealifeCongrats!!!!
- Aug 29, '12 by fashionistaRNPatience is a virtue for a reason. Congrats!!!
- Sep 4, '12 by cheska_rnThanks!!!