Work Experience Resume QuestionRegister Today!
- by Medic2RN Sep 9, '06I am in the process of making a new resume. I have been at my present job for the past 9 years. How many years of work experience do I need to list? Some people have told me go back only 5 years and others 10 years. Should I just list my present job as work experience or list a few more jobs?
The online applications have 4 spots for listing employment. It also does not state how far in the past I should list.
Does anyone know the appropriate length of time to list employment?
Thanks, I haven't been able to find it anywhere!!
- Sep 11, '06 by Medic2RNAnyone??
- Sep 11, '06 by parrotmomJust did my new res. I am a medic who added RN as well. I listed my last two jobs roughly ten years but any jobs I had before that were just to pay tuition as I was in college full time. Couldn't see how working at a grocery store when I was 20 would further my chances. Rule I was told was ten years or two jobs if you have been somewhere a long time so they can see you have worked in more than one evironment.
- Sep 11, '06 by Medic2RNThanks for the response, I appreciate it!
- Sep 12, '06 by traumaRUsI've been a nurse since 1992 and have worked at several places. I list all of them, plus I list my military service which was in the 1970's. I also list all my degrees (which include a non-nursing degree, LPN cert, ADN, BSN, MSN, and post-MSN certificate). I also have another piece of paper separately that lists my references with names, addresses and phone numbers.