Work as a midwife but also as a RN in theatre.
1.limit of 1 set of linen and towel for their entire stay, if dirtied, need to fill in a form explaining why.
2. No agency
3. No hiring new staff even though we're really short staffed
4. No overtime
Add 2,3 &4 together & we are forced to close beds.
5. Staff carpark had doubled in cost... So the hospital can make money
1. Surgeries cut (was horrified to learn that a complete oncology list has been wiped, cause you know, if you have cancer the best thing you can do is wait on a waiting list for 12months!)
2. No agency, bank staff, hiring new staff
3. FORCING staff to take annual leave & long service leave
My friend who's in ED says that the state government is looking at getting rid of the psych CAT team. I can imagine a hell of a lot more police shootings if that happens.