2013 RPA Graduate Nurses - Page 3Register Today!
- Nov 27, '12 by MopplesI'm still waiting! Ran to my letterbox this afternoon, but nothing
I already live in Sydney, in the inner west. Stacker I have put up some ideas etc around the inner west.Last edit by Silverdragon102 on Nov 27, '12 : Reason: TOS
- Nov 30, '12 by MopplesSo there is a delay in the contracts for those of us who were second round offers. But, I got an email today with my start date - 12 August, with the info session on the 1st, which is going to be a slight problem as I will still be overseas. Will have to call on Monday and explain.
- Nov 30, '12 by Mallory11Yes contract in the mail which was quite exciting and formal, considering everything is nowadays done online!
Ooh that'll be a problem Mopples! You have been planning that trip for a while though, maybe you can attend an earlier session? Mines April 30th! Thanks for that offer you PM'd the other day too, really appreciate that!!
Congrats Stackers, look forward to meeting you too
Now the hard thing..deciding on preferences for first rotation! Even though its for only 6 months and aren't guarenteed, I would like to start out somewhere I enjoy! Leaning towards cardiovascular and cancer services based on the list I got in an email today.
- Nov 30, '12 by MopplesGood thought! I could see about the info session for your intake. Im going to call on Monday and ask. The holiday has been planned by my husband and a friend for about 6 months, then I tagged on about 6-8 weeks ago.
I got my preference sheet too. One of the girls at work suggested ED, but I would rather ward experience then ED first up, especially since I don't really know what I want to do & I would rather leave it for someone who it passionate about it. I am leaning towards Bone, joint & connective tissue, then cancer, gastro, cardio, respiratory, neuro. After 3.5 years on a cardio ward, I am looking for something new.
- Dec 27, '12 by MopplesMy contract came it was waiting for me when I came home from Christmas away with the family.
- Jan 2 by Annie07That's great Mopples What wards did you end up choosing as preferences?
I'm starting to get really nervous/excited about moving next month. I'm finding it difficult trying to find somewhere to live in central Wagga Wagga. It's so stressful when I'm still on placement and working on assignments.
- Jan 2 by MopplesI ended up putting the area of 'bone, joint & connective tissue', then specifying the Rheumatology ward, so will wait and see
Have you tried the hospital accommodation? I know it won't be flash, but it will help you get on your feet for a few weeks?
- Feb 17 by MopplesHow are we all going? The first intake is about to start!
Just about to start my final semester with 8 weeks placement (4 weeks icu, 2 weeks obstetrics & 2 weeks chronic & complex). This will be followed by 6 weeks in Europe before I start on 12 August.
- Feb 17 by ceridwynHave fun, sounds like an interesting next semester, followed by a great holiday>!!
- Feb 17 by MopplesYep, really looking forward too the prac. Have just finished my final residential school & it was fantastic. Our lecturer showed us that we really did know something!
The trip will be exciting and interesting, we are off around Eastern Europe.