2013 RPA Graduate Nurses - Page 2Register Today!
- Nov 3, '12 by xanxanhi...what is RPA?
- Nov 3, '12 by MopplesRoyal Price Alfred Hospital. It's in Camperdown, in Sydney.
- Nov 3, '12 by Mallory11Thanks for that Mopples, I'm gonna start calling a few agencies this week..I've worked agency up here on the Coast but they don't want to keep me on as an AIN once I'm registered and they won't take me as an RN because I have no experience yet!
Do you own a car mopples? I don't think I wanna keep mine, I'd rather find somewhere to live close to a train line..only thing I'm worried about is grocery shopping?
Would you feel safe leaving RPA after a PM shift and heading to the train/bus?? Whenever I've visited Sydney I've always found the public transport great and I figure if I'm living Inner West, the majority of places I'm going to need to get to will be close by..
- Nov 3, '12 by MopplesWe do own a car, but dont tend to use it to run around locally. My husband uses it more, however, to get to RPA, I will bus. In saying that, when I did my mental health placement there in August, hubby did come and pick me up a couple of times when I did evenings.
I would feel 100% safe to get the bus. I have caught those buses from Newtown or the city late at night before and feel fine. 2 of the routes stop a 2-5 min walk from where i live. Late at night, i do prefer the bus, rather then the train, simply because the bus stop is closer, plus, there have been issues in the past with people being followed from the station. My closest is Lewisham.
You would want something close to the 422, 423, 426 and 428 bus routes. For grocery shopping, there are 2 main supermarkets on the main street in Newtown. There is also Marrickville Metro, which is a 10 min walk from the south end of King street, but the 355 and/or buses go straight there. You can also take the 422, 423, 426, 428, 370 buses from King Street to Broadway shopping centre which has everything, its the main centre near us.
You could also think of Ashfield, there are buses that go straight from Ashfield and up Parramatta Road, straight past RPA. It might be a bit cheaper then Marrickville etc. They also have a big shopping centre there. Ashfield train station is a big one and also trains that stop at Newtown, stop at Ashfield. The walk from Newtown station to RPA is only 10 mins and completely safe at all times.
- Nov 10, '12 by tyc1115Hey Mopples, I heard about after you got your registration you are not allow to work as an AIN, I am not 100% sure tho. double check if you don't want to risk.
All the best!
- Nov 10, '12 by Mallory11Thanks so much for all the info Mopples!! Really appreciate it! Will keep you updated with what I'm doing
Tyc1115, I phoned AHPRA about 2 weeks ago and they said it's fine to work as an AIN, provided you remain within an AIN scope of practice and your employer has no issues. This is because there's no regulatory body controlling AINs. Hope this helps !
- Nov 25, '12 by MopplesHas anyone received their contact?
- Nov 26, '12 by Mallory11Hey Mopples,
Mine came in the post today and I know one other grad who also got theirs. Start date is officially May 13th!!
The pack inclues - welcome letter, salary, commencement date, code of conduct, bank, tax & super details, options for salary sacrafice etc..nothing about wards which I found interesting? Perhaps that comes later seeing as I'm not in the first intake..
Anyway, I'm sure yours is on it's way.
I finished my degree on Friday! Very good feeling - hang in there! One semester to go.
I've decided I'm going travelling Jan - March, then will move to Sydney in April.
- Nov 26, '12 by Annie07Mallory11 aw your contract arrived in the mail? That must have been exciting! Mine was just by email...which is still exciting but not some giant envelope haha. Anyway, I know someone who started at RPA this year as a grad and she didn't find out her first ward until orientation and her second ward just before her first 6 months was up. I didn't receive any info about wards at WWBH either. Congrats on graduating
- Nov 27, '12 by StackersHey Guys!
Im from Victoria and recieved my contract today! I start on the 18th March!
Getting very excited! Cant wait to meet you all next year.
Have been told its really hard to get accomodation so Im a bit worried!
Congrats to everyone who got the positions they wantedLast edit by Silverdragon102 on Nov 27, '12 : Reason: TOS