Are you kidding me? - Page 3Register Today!
- Aug 16, '09 by ozonerangerQuote from WORKINGWOMANINTNPure & simple... the Feds have gotten WAY too intrusive. The Health Care cost reform debate has just underlined what (for some) was a vague uneasiness. It has escalated for decades, well beyond what it needs to.
Imagine -- we don't even bat an eye to pay the government money when we earn money (i.e. - income tax). We just think it's a 'natural' thing to do.
And the Federal Reserve kinda does their own thing, and we just ASSUME they're doing the right thing. Wake up, darlings!
How many tax payers are paying into the current Medicare program, for one person to receive a dime from it? You might also consider the number paying into Social Security, for one person to receive those benefits, before jumping on the train to add another under funded government program. It may have a set cost cutting from a few principle players now (those that made a deal undercover with the Whitehouse), but it will be the tax payers that wind up funding the shortfalls when the set cuts from those players run out.
Here's a look at the history of Social Security:
1940: 35,390 Payers, 222 Beneficiaries, = 159.4 Ratio
2006: 161,852 Payers, 48,863 Beneficiaries, = 3.3 Ratio
Now, Take the same scenario into account for healthcare.
If the intrusive nature of the bill doesn't bother you, maybe the math will.
- Aug 16, '09 by nicurn001Whatever system we use so that everybody can recieve healthcare , who makes it to the ER.The present system allows insurance companies to cream off the ones least likely to need insurance , then profit from the least amount of care they can get away with providing , whilst leaving the higher risk groups for us the taxpayers to finance.
The only way to provide healthcare to all economically is to either stop providing care to all who cannot prove ability to pay for it ( a socity in which I for one would not wish to live ) , or get every one covered by insurance ,without exception .Last edit by nicurn001 on Aug 16, '09
- Aug 17, '09 by psychonautWhen are you people going to wake up to the fact that our Kenyan dictator wants to force illegal Mexicans into your homes to raise your children and kill your grandparents? Nazi Marxists will be forcing your daughters to have abortions and HPV vaccination AT THE SAME TIME!!!
- Aug 17, '09 by nicurn001Quote from psychonautIt's almost horrifying to see the way , the extremes of the political spectrum think , but wonderful that we all , live in a country where we have the ability to see it and come to our own conclusions about the veracity / sanity of some opinions .When are you people going to wake up to the fact that our Kenyan dictator wants to force illegal Mexicans into your homes to raise your children and kill your grandparents? Nazi Marxists will be forcing your daughters to have abortions and HPV vaccination AT THE SAME TIME!!!
Obviously in this case I think the naut is superfluous .
- Aug 17, '09 by psychonautQuote from nicurn001Took me a second, but I liked it once I got it...if I used a sig line, I think that would be a winner.[snip]Obviously in this case I think the naut is superfluous .
"The 'Naut is Superfluous" <---oh yeah! Works on a couple of different levels, actually.
- Aug 18, '09 by tulip928What radio show did all this krepp come from? ''=
It's called "reading the bill with your own eyes and using your own brain".