Uk Paeds nurse - Give up nursing to move to Canada?

  1. Hi everyone, I hope someone can help! I feel like I'm in red-tape hell! I want to move to Canada to be with my Canadian boyfriend of 3 years. I am about to qualify as a paediatric nurse (degree). As I understand it you can only register with the CNO if you are registered in your home country and a permanent resident or citizen and have a transferable degree. Well I can't become a PR until I've lived in Canada for a year, and by that time my registration in The UK will have expired!
    I don't mind doing a bridging the gap for internationally education nursing course (BIEN) but I'm not sure I would be eligible without the CNOs approval and again we are going in circles!
    I don't want to give up my nursing career before it has even started, I will happily do further training but I really really don't want to have to retrain from the beginning and become a student nurse for 4 years, and I can't really afford it either.
    Am I making this too complicated? Is there an easier way?
    Please someone give me some advice?
  2. Visit StudentNurseUK profile page

    About StudentNurseUK

    Joined: Feb '13; Posts: 1


  3. by   Silverdragon102
    You do need to be registered in the UK if that is where you trained and you don't have to be a resident of Canada just that a license will not be issued if you have passed CRNE unless you have residency and can prove that with the college. Hopefully your transcripts will have clinical and theory hours in Paeds, Mental Health, Obstetrics and Adult as Canadian nurse training is general rather that like the UK specialized