Endorse Florida RN license to california

  1. Hi! Gud day! I am a newbie.. I am a foreign grad student but i had my nclex passed last 2009.. I will be going to california to settle their and i would like to know on how to endorse my licence to california. I have read about california's requirements regarding concurrency theories. Will this affect my application to my endorsement. What site will tell me the requirements of california BON? Thank u and have a nice day
  2. Visit Irah0526 profile page

    About Irah0526

    Joined: Jan '13; Posts: 139; Likes: 6


  3. by   perioddrama
    Since you already have a FL license, you are correct in that you would apply by endorsement and not by examination. Here is the link for licensure by endorsement to CA: Board of Registered Nursing - Licensure by Endorsement

    But remember that each state has their own requirements and will look to see if you meet all the requirements, especially since you were educated outside the States.

    Good luck!
  4. by   loriangel14
    Concurrency will still affect you even if you are endorsing from another state.
  5. by   Meriwhen
    To be honest, the best source for the answer to the question, "Will CA license you?" is the CA BRN.

    They're tough cookies when it comes to educational requirements, and those requirements apply to both initial licensure applicants as well as endorsees, and to foreign grads as well as domestic ones. The fact that you have a FL license in no way guarantees that CA will automatically endorse you in.

    Start with the link that perioddrama provided. Don't hesitate to e-mail the BRN with questions--they're pretty good at responding to messages. However, they may hold off on giving you a final answer until you actually apply and have sent in all of your transcripts.

    Best of luck!