Australian Nurse wanting to move to USA

  1. 0 Hi, I just have a couple questions regarding getting my nursing registration in the USA. I am a paediatric trained nurse in Australia and am wanting to move to Alabama. I am a u.s citizen so luckily I don't have to worry about visa issues. However, I noticed that you have to pass CFGN??? I will have to take an obstetrics course and I was wondering whats the best way to go about this. Do most people take this course in Australia or take it when you get to the U.S?? Then once I take that course I take the NCLEX? thanks for an imput
  2. Enjoy this?

    Join thousands and get our weekly Nursing Insights newsletter with the hottest discussions, articles, and toons.

  3. Visit  Rachelleann22 profile page

    About Rachelleann22

    Joined Jul '12; Posts: 1.

    1 Comments so far...

  4. Visit  Silverdragon102 profile page
    Depending on the state will depend on requirements. Only a small handful require the CGFNS exam most just require CES which is a breakdown on your transcripts. There are a few posters from Australia that state they did make up courses with Darwin however not all states accept them, CA I believe is one of them that doesn't accept the course but there again they don't accept a lot of courses

Nursing Jobs in every specialty and state. Visit today and Create Job Alerts, Manage Your Resume, and Apply for Jobs.