NP jobs in Sports medicine/ fitnessRegister Today!
- by SAM49 Mar 4, '09Hi everyone,
I am currently in the process of obtaining my FNP and want to be prepared for the job of my dreams once I obtain my degree.
I want to specialize in sports medicine or exercise physiology as an FNP any ideas on how I do this??? I currently work as a neonatal R.N but have my personal training certificate. Do I need to gain experience while still in school by switching jobs - for instance going into orthopedics, cardiac rehab or the CCU?
Is anyone currently working in this field of nursing if so could you give me some advice.
Thanks for your time,
- Mar 8, '09 by CharmedJ7If you're interested in sports medicine and orthopedics, you might consider checking out the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, they offer a paid residency program in orthopedics for FNPs:
I don't think it's strictly necessary, but it would undoubtedly help
- Mar 11, '09 by SAM49Thank you for your advice and taking the time to respond... I will look into UNC Chapel Hill and a new job:wink2:
- Mar 12, '09 by RNLinkThis is very interesting. I looked up the website and it sounds very interesting. What exactly does that fellowship get you? I am interested in getting into sports medicine once I complete FNP school. Does anyone have any insight about this subject?
- Mar 12, '09 by SAM49I only know of the website but if you get anymore information would you mind sending it my way.