Can NPs deliver babies?Register Today!
- by LiLoRN Mar 29, '11I was speaking to a women's health NP who stated her doctor is going to train her to deliver babies. I thought you have to be a CNM to deliver...anyone know if it's in the scope of practice for NPs?
- Mar 29, '11 by danceluverwould also be interested in knowing this! PS: What state are you in, or the woman you talked to practice in?
- Mar 29, '11 by LiLoRNFlorida
- Mar 29, '11 by nomadcrnaI delivered 5 during my OB rotation but I'd only do it in an emergency situation, as in ER.
You need to by a certified midwife otherwise.
- Mar 29, '11 by LiLoRNThat's what I thought! Thanks for the responses!