WSSU's 2013 ABSN Program - Page 3Register Today!
- Sep 17, '12 by ErinJane1I am tired of waiting! I wanna know now!
- Sep 18, '12 by luvmydogNCHi! I applied for WSSU ABSN Jan 2013 entry, does anyone know when we will be able to find out if we got in?
- Sep 19, '12 by interestedinabsnI understand that it will be sometime in eary October. Do yoiu know if Baptist is still funding the program?
- Sep 19, '12 by interestedinabsnThe wait is on and I am also sick of waiting
- Sep 20, '12 by luvmydogNCThank you for telling me when I need to start looking for something in the mail! As for the funding issue, I really don't know. I have had a hard time getting in touch with someone over the phone in the nursing department to get an answer on this issue. However, I noticed that they did change the application. When I started looking at the ABSN program in 2011 the application included a page that gave information on the hospital contract and how the process kind of worked, but when I applied in Aug. 2012 the application had changed and that page was missing (which does not look like a good sign). While it would be great to get funded, the estimated $17,000 price for this program is actually one of the cheaper programs that lead to a BSN (UNC is the other program I am looking at and both their regular BSN track and ABSN track are comparable in cost to WSSU but they take longer). I think without the Baptist funding nursing applicants for the ABSN program are going to decline since that deal was a huge incentive.
- Sep 20, '12 by interestedinabsnI did talk to someone at the department and I was told that the contract with Baptist was over and that it is up in the air as to whether Baptist will continue to fund applicants or not. I was on the fence about the funding because although, getting a stipend and your school fees paid looks enticing, signing a contract for 3 years just because of $17,000.00 was a little bit difficult for me to take. With that said, that does not mean I would not consider the funding when given the opportunity.
Last year they sent an initial email to all accepted applicants so I guess they will do the same this year. Did you write SAT or ACT?
- Sep 20, '12 by luvmydogNCWell three years to pay off $17,000 was an awesome deal for me as I will be paying off my $12,000 loan from UNC for my first degree for longer than that. I saw the three year contract as a guaranteed job after graduation lol, but I plan on staying in the area for a very long time so it wouldn't hinder any life plans for me. Anyway, I am very bummed that there is no funding. I sent my ACT scores with my application (not sure if that is what you are asking).
- Sep 20, '12 by interestedinabsnI also sent ACT. I do not know why that became a requirement this year. Anyway, I am keeping my fingers crossed.
- Sep 24, '12 by interestedinabsnI do not think you will have to repay the money. i think they just commit you for 3 years to work for them. If you plan on staying in the area, then that is no problem for you.
anyone has any news about when we will be hearing from WSSU???
- Sep 24, '12 by interestedinabsnI went back to look at the threads for last year and the acceptance notification was sent on October 4, 2011. Going by that date we should be expecting to hear something from them next week all things being equal.