Moving to NC in 2013Register Today!
- by rnkc13 Jun 13, '12Hello everyone,
I am a military wife and mom of 3 boys moving to NC this time next year and I am starting to try to get an idea of where we would like to move to. I am an LPN (have about 10 months of working experience as well as 3 months as a CNA) and am currently working towards my BSN - I will be graduating in May 2013!!! (Almost done!) We have orders to the Cherry Point area but do not plan to live on base - mainly, we are trying to figure out where the best job prospects are for me and then move to that area once I get a job (hopefully). So my questions are:
1. What are the job prospects out there like? Are any areas hiring new grads?
2. In your experience, which hospitals would you suggest that I apply to?
3. If you worked in the area, what has your experience been like.... did you like the hospital, how it was run, all of that fun stuff.
Thank you so much in advance for feedback!
- Jun 13, '12 by Gem0607Hi military wife here as well. We are currently stationed at Cherry Point and we live in the James River/New Bern area. It's about 15mins from base. The surrounding hospitals are CarolinaEast Medical Center in New Bern and Carteret General Hospital in Morehead City. From James City area that's about a 35min drive. However from Havelock/Cherry Point area its about 20 minutes. I haven't worked in the hospital here we just arrived last year and I was pregnant. Patient standpoint I liked the staff at CarolinaEast and from an interested employee standpoint I liked Carteret General they have a birthing center so depending on your speciality that may be a plus. They have a lot of programs for the community like stroke prevention and health fairs. Congratulations on your last year of nursing school I hope it's successful and your move here is smooth.
- Sep 25, '12 by RNmlwHey, my husband is also stationed here and I just graduated with my BSN-RN in August and passed the NCLEX last week. I am going to be applying for jobs as soon as I get my FL license endorsed to NC which I applied for today. I will let you know about the hospitals hiring new grads. I am hoping I can get a job here soon
- Sep 25, '12 by Gem0607Right now I work at Carteret and they just finished their summer new grad cohort. They have positions open right now though FT, PT and PRN.