Mercy School Of Nursing, NC- Anyone have some answers? - Page 4Register Today!
- Sep 21, '10 by bass1232I am now in my 3rd semester at mercy and I still stand by how much I love it there! I have learned so much since that first semester and now I am really starting to feel like a nurse. Working is doable, but it's not for everyone. I have worked full-time since the beginning and although I'm not making A's by any means I am passing just fine. However, I do want to stress that this school is extremely challenging, requires a lot mentally, and your job would need to be super flexible, and the schedule changes each semester, sometimes drastically. If you put your mind to it, you can do anything, you just gave to want it. Feel free to message me for anymore information.
- Sep 25, '10 by cindyb2010Mercy is a wonderful school. I am in my last semester, graduating in December. Piece of advice- if possible get all pre-reqs done before starting school and clep sociology and growth and development. CLEP isn't very difficult if you go over review books. I took micro during my second semester along with nursing class and I had no days off during the week. Also, get to know people ahead of you in semesters, they can tell you priceless information and tips. The hardest semester in my opinion is 1st semester, after that you get the hang of how it goes and you'll be fine
- Sep 26, '10 by harley3Hello. I start Jan '11 & need just 1 more pre-req - (Growth & Development) I would like to CLEP it in the next 2 months - Anyone have any suggested study materials? REA or InstantCert? Thanks for your help!
- Sep 27, '10 by Ashersmammaharley3.... I am going to try and CLEP G&D too. We should make a date to study! I will try to remember to mention it in Micro tomorrow!
- Dec 22, '10 by mamajjrQuote from harley3If you have not already taken the CLEP for Human Growth and Development (I know this post is a couple of months old), use the REA study guide and the College Board study book (local libraries have this). I took the CLEP for this class in early December and scored a 58. 50 is the minimum passing score. It wasn't terribly difficult, but you really need to study the different theorists and be VERY familiar with Freud and Erickson.Hello. I start Jan '11 & need just 1 more pre-req - (Growth & Development) I would like to CLEP it in the next 2 months - Anyone have any suggested study materials? REA or InstantCert? Thanks for your help!
I am taking the CLEP test for Introduction to Sociology January 8, 2011. This one seems easier than the CLEP for Human Growth & Development. York Technical in Rock Hill allows testing on Saturdays at 10:30, $105. Every other testing site seems to be during the week.
- Oct 3, '11 by nurse-in-themakingI am currently in my 3rd semester at Mercy and love it. You do not have to be a CNA to apply, nor do you have to get your CNA after the first semester, although you are certainly prepared to do so at that point. In-state and out-of-state tuition are the same as far as I know.
I have lived in this area (Gastonia, just out of Charlotte) for over 7 years and I love the area. I chose Gastonia because I have children who are school age and didn't know which Charlotte schools would be good for them, and once they started in Gastonia, we just decided to stay there. The area is rich with culture, things to do, and great people. I don't think you would regret the move.
It is a lot of work to get through this program. You receive a diploma, not a degree. I plan to get my BSN after I finish, and many places, including UNCC and ECU, offer online options for this. The tuition is reasonable, and they have a loan forgiveness program where you pay only 20% if you get a job within CHS after graduation and work for them for 2 years.
I hope this helps, and best of luck to you!
- Oct 3, '11 by amber.babiesinbloomI'm so happy to have found this thread! I'm considering applying to Mercy for (hopeful) acceptance for a May start date. I currently have all three required pre-req's done except for A&PII, Human Growth & Dvlp, and Intro to Socio. I plan on taking those next semester. I have a 3.53 GPA right now in my current classes (Micro & Mirco Lab, Advanced College Algebra, Music Theory, and Comp & Rhetoric). I haven't taken the TEAS of course. Wondering what my chances of getting in would be.....
My plans are to attended East Carolina University for an RN to MSN degree to become a Certified Nurse Midwife. I'm wondering if this would work for the RN to MSN program since it isn't a "degree".
- Nov 27, '11 by babygirlmarshaFor the ppl that went to Mercy school of Nursing how was the test like.....Was it based on information from the textbook.....The reason why I ask cuz I know there are alot of nursing schools that dont go by the textbook