Hickory - Asheville I am moving there please talk to meRegister Today!
- by jc008347 Nov 2, '03Any info on these areas would be appreciated
- 1,636 Views
- Nov 8, '03 by KetchupI live in Hickory now, and have lived in Asheville in the past....they are both amazing cities. Feel free to email me with specific questions.
- Nov 26, '03 by HickoryChickI've lived in Hickory for about 13 years and visit Asheville often. Asheville is kind of known for it's homosexual subculture. It's sort of San Francisco East. That and the university there make it something of a bohemian place with a really great shopping area downtown, lots of cool festivals and lots of very artsy people. Gets very cold in the winter (I'm from Iowa and I know cold). Hickory, on the other hand, is much more reserved and image conscious. It has a good retail area but is also known for its absolutely ridiculous street system. You can't get from A to B without hitting the rest of the alphabet. I used to work for the city and even city workers had to call in for directions. If you're looking for nursing work, we have two large hospitals in town and five more smaller ones within 30 minutes. Hickory's weather is much more moderate than up in the mountains. Feel free to write with any more questions...
- Jan 19, '04 by FNP grrlhi- i live in asheville (8 years & counting).....what do you want to know?
i love it here & plan to NEVER move if i can help it.
- Feb 4, '04 by AnerooI grew up near Hickory (Conover), and love the area. I am a beach bum though, so won't be going back! Anyways, as a teen, I volunteered at Catawba Memorial Hospital (I think it's now Catawba Regional Medical Ctr). I loved it there. If I were to move back, I would work there. Hickory is about an hour from everything, which is nice (Charlotte, Winston-Salem, Asheville, Boone). Don't know much about Asheville. My father went to Mission in Asheville for his heart surgery, and had excellent care there though. Best wishes on your choice! -A
- Apr 1, '04 by sherilynQuote from jc008347Hey Jeff:Any info on these areas would be appreciated
Hickory is a nice place. There are two hospitals Catawba and Frye. The Va is in Asheville. However, it is not very clean. Unsure of the pay though. If you are looking for a good place to work, try Frye Hospital in Hickory. Good luck...