Duke ABSN Spring 2011 - Page 10Register Today!
- Jul 11, '10 by spring2011Hi Pammy! Congrats on the interview! I'm getting nervous as it is getting closer and closer. I'm planning on wearing a suit. I know it will be hot, but I figured it's easier to hide sweat underneath a suit than a thin shirt =/ hehe I think I'm going to wear a low heel and switch to flats for the tour. I would wear flats all day, but I'm pretty short and I need some height.
- Jul 11, '10 by chickenlakeI am also very nervous about what to wear... I hardly ever dress up and suits don't look very flattering on me, but I don't want to be under dressed even in a pair of nice black pants. Please others post what you plan to wear!
I am interviewing on the 23rd and am so excited to meet all of you! Good luck to those of you interviewing earlier!
- Jul 12, '10 by mowski1214Hey, please accept my sincerest apologies if this was asked or mentioned in this thread or somewhere else but I was wondering how long the personal statement should be. I could write ten pages or two. Also, if anyone wants to share the topics/ angle they wrote about, that would be cool too. Any help would be greatly appriciated.
Congrats to those in the process of being accepted!
- Jul 13, '10 by Yogi MelHi all
I also applied for the Duke 2011 Spring entry. I requested my interview for the August 6th date b/c we will be moving on or around the earlier dates. I'm very nervous about the interview, especially if they ask a lot about future plans! There are a few areas I am especially interested in, but honestly, I was hoping to keep a very open mind going into nursing school and really feel out which areas felt most rewarding. That probably sounds to cheesy to share with an interview committee
I know this has already been asked a few times, but what are you planning to wear? I'm guessing we won't have time to change, but I would really like to wear a nice dress instead of a suit, since I don't have any non-winter suits.
Well, I guess I better get started on this scholarship/financial aid research. I was hoping I would be able to fill this info out after I find out if I got in, but alas I am behind. I wish I could quit my job to just prep for this 24/7, but I imagine we are all very busy and trying to prep at the same time
I've really enjoyed reading over this thread and I'm so thankful for all the information that has been shared! You guys are awesome and I hope we will be classmates in the spring!!!
- Jul 14, '10 by ncemtThis may be nitpicky, but I'm just 22 and right out of college so I'm not 100% sure what's expected in the real world...are pantyhose a must? I'm wearing a (somewhat colorful) skirt with a beige blouse and a black suit jacket on top, and beige flats for shoes. Hopefully it will be dressy enough even though it's not a suit! Any advice on the pantyhose issue would be very much appreciated . Good luck with interviews, everybody!
- Jul 14, '10 by spring2011I'm wearing pantyhose. In my experience women wear pantyhose with a skirt. It's going to be so hot, but I'm still going to wear them =/. I'm not sure how professional they want us to look.
- Jul 14, '10 by ncemtThanks so much, spring2011! That's what I was leaning towards, I'd definitely rather err on the side of being overdressed rather than underdressed. Guess I'll see many of you all on Friday, can't wait to meet everybody!
- Jul 14, '10 by azncutie10282I also applied to the spring 2011 ABSN program at Duke. I turned in my application 2 days before the deadline, and my recommendation letters were received, but my GRE Score hasn't. I hope this doesn't affect my application. I haven't heard anything. I hope I can get in. My GPA was a 3.0, and my GRE wasn't that high either, but I've been working as a lab tech for 5 years and definitely have some work experience. I hope this will help and hope I hear something soon!
- Jul 14, '10 by glassprnToday I found out I am invited for the interview.
I'm happy and at the same time very nervous already.
I requested August 6th for my interview b/c next Friday would be too soon for me...=)
I wish everyone will have a great time!
- Jul 14, '10 by spring2011congrats on the interview!!! =)