Calling any Watts School of Nursing Students!!! - Page 32Register Today!
- Jul 10, '11 by GG1982Hello All!
I am interested in pursuing a career in nursing and I have recently taken the preadmission test for to apply for acceptance at Watts. I am believing and praying that I passed the test!
My question is....
I was just wondering if anyone knows if they are still offering tuition repayment option & job placement program? If not, are most students offered employment upon graduation?
Also, I would be a 2nd degree student if accepted (liberal arts/business) I was just wondering how those students do when transitioning from a completely different field....I know I'm not "old" yet (late 20's), however, I just have some concerns since it's a totally different field.
- Jul 10, '11 by macgirlI was under the impression that it was a certification or license program and not a degree program has that changed? I looked into it a few years ago before I got into my program. Since that was the case I didn't want to go to some place so expensive and then not be able to advance my degree.
- Jul 11, '11 by Jeepinjedupon completion of the program you get an associate's in health sciences and a diploma in nursing... they are starting to offer a BSN around August... i'm currently in the program and am in my mid thirties, it's never too late!
- Jul 11, '11 by LadyL963I'm a second degree student as well. The way the program works is that you have to take 18 credit hours through MOC before starting watts. Some of your classes might transfer for credit and othersvmay not. Thankfully most of mine did, so I'm taking a lot of electives. You have to take the 18 hrs regardless! You will transition just fine! If Jeep and I can do it, (I'm early 30's) you can do it!
Also the Ben program they will offer is a RN to BSN program(I think) so you would have to be a RN first regardless.
Good luck and keep us posted!
- Jul 11, '11 by Jeepinjedlol... yeah what Lady said!
- Jul 11, '11 by LadyL963Lol
- Aug 6, '11 by wattsstudentHi everyone! I will be starting the nursing classes through Watts on Monday and was wondering if there were any others here on the board. Good luck to all of you in the first set of classes it goes by faster than you can imagine
- Aug 6, '11 by LadyL963Quote from wattsstudentThose of us starting january, are posting in the watts school of nursing June string.Hi everyone! I will be starting the nursing classes through Watts on Monday and was wondering if there were any others here on the board. Good luck to all of you in the first set of classes it goes by faster than you can imagine
- Aug 30, '11 by cj2011HI all. I just reiceved me test scores and approval to send the other stuff. Can someone give me some tips about the essay, how long and how much detail should it entail?
- Aug 31, '11 by butterbeeCongratulations CJ! The best advice I could give about the essay is don't make it too sappy. Write about why you want to be a nurse and why you are interested in the watts program. Also write about future goals. Mine ended up being a full 2 pages. I was super nervous but I made it. I start my pre reqs thru MOC in January.
Good luck to you....you'll do fine!