Anyone starting Watts School of Nursing in Jan '09Register Today!
- by kellmoiselle Dec 10, '08Just wondering if anyone on here is starting Watts School of Nursing this coming Jan? I'd like to get to now some of my furture classmates! Anyone starting a nursing program anywhere in Jan?
- Dec 10, '08 by reeseeI am waiting now to see if I have made it in yet...just sent off the background check (a week ago). Do you know how long that takes to get back and what is next? Any information on the admissions would be great.Thanks in advance.
- Dec 10, '08 by kellmoiselleI sent my background check on a Saturday and I guess they recieved it probably the following Monday or Tuesday and then I got my acceptance letter the Wednesday the week after that. So about a week and a half. I was attacking the mailman everyday waiting for that letter! Good Luck!
- Dec 11, '08 by reeseeSo that is it, you just got the acceptance letter. no interview or anything? Wow trust me I know how long the wait was for you.Do you think that I might make it into the Jan. class? Thanks a bunch for answering my questions.(Congradulations on getting in)
- Dec 12, '08 by kellmoiselleMaybe, Mt. Olive did my financial aid stuff quickly too, I haven't met with them about my class schedule yet but the start on the 13th or the 15th. I will probably have to take 6 classes this semester, that's a lot! I think my test scores, essay and references are what got me in, my GPA from undergrad was awful so I know that wasn't it. Let me know what happens!
- Dec 13, '08 by dreamonAre references and essays for Watts only or Mt Olive also?
- Dec 13, '08 by kellmoiselleThe references and essays are for Watts only, if Watts accepts you then you are automatically into Mt. olive.
- Dec 15, '08 by LillomanHey Kellmoiselle
I'm starting pre-req's at Watts in Jan09!
It's a great combination of exhilaration and terror isn't it?
See you at orientation on the 12th
- Dec 15, '08 by dreamonGood luck to you all! I hope I am so lucky. Even if I don't get in there I hope to get in somewhere when the time comes.
- Dec 16, '08 by kellmoiselleHi Lilloman,
It's is very terrifying and exciting! I'm throwing everything I have including all my money into this. It's very nerve racking. I think I'll be taking about 6 classes this first semester. Is this your first degree? It's my second for me, I have a BA from ECU that I graduated with in 2006, halfway through that I figured out I wanted to be a nurse. Here comes the second time around! I'm so freaked out because people just keep talking about "how hard it is", kinda gets to ya after bit!