Anyone starting Watts School of Nursing in Jan '09 - Page 2Register Today!
- Dec 16, '08 by LillomanHey Kell
This is a second-everything for me. I'm middle-aged with an Associates (Computers) and a 30yr IT career behind me.
Nursing school is definitely hard, but very doable.
As I write this my wife is sitting for her 3rd semester final at Watts and my daughter just graduated Friday from UNC-CH with a BSN (her second BS).
So, between those two and all their friends, I've seen and vicariously lived the experience.
I too am taking 6 courses for the pre-req's for 19 hours.
All Thursday classes except for the A&P sessions on Tuesdays.
We have our work cut out for us, but it's just a matter of focusing on the goal and working the problems that make the path to get there.
- Dec 16, '08 by kellmoiselleI'm not sure what my schedule wil be, I haven't met witht he counseler at Mt. Olive yet. Do you have any idea about how big our cohort will be? I was thinking less than 30 students.
- Dec 16, '08 by LillomanI have no idea how big it is.
You're the first person I've "met."
I believe it's going to be more than 30 though.
WSON moved to the new facility so they could increase the class size to 50. And I recollect my wife saying that the cohort that is just finishing 1st semester of the nursing program is right at 50.
- Feb 20, '09 by handerson88after you turned in your application, what happens next? Do they send you the background check information or do they just complete it? I just turned in my application packet today and I was just wondering how long I have to stress about this and what to expect. Any help would be great.
- Feb 21, '09 by reeseeAfter you have turned in everything and I mean everything they will ask that you fill out the crim.background check and send it in with the fee.If all is well they send you a letter of acceptance. How long this takes has alot to do with what you had sent to the school and if all info is at wson. After you send in your cbc wait a few days and call to make sure that they have everything if not she will tell you what she still needs...and if everything is in order you will know very soon about a week maybe week and a half. Good luck and dont worry!
- Feb 21, '09 by handerson88I had all my transcripts sent straight from my schools to Watts, and all the references, applications, essay and application fee I hand delivered just to cut a little time out. She said it looked like everything was ready and in order. So I guess i'll just try and calm down a little and wait on the background check form. Thank you so much!
- Feb 21, '09 by dreamonGood luck!
- Feb 22, '09 by LillomanIt used to be that there was a committee that reviewed the completed applications and once you passed the committee then you received the background check form. Not sure if that is still the case and, if so, how often they meet.
As I recall I thought it was 3 or 4 weeks after I had everything in before I got the background check, and it was a couple weeks after I returned that that I heard back from the school.
Best of luck!
- Feb 22, '09 by handerson88okay, so I want to make sure I understand. If I pass the committee, i'll recieve the form for the background check? But if I don't pass the committee I won't...correct?
- Feb 23, '09 by LillomanYou'll hear back from Watts no matter what.