oral care - Page 2Register Today!
- Sep 5, '10 by BabyLadyQuote from Preemie2RNThis is what we use and we haven't had a VAP in months.We use Sage Oral care packets- it contains several swabs, mouth rinse (used on the swabs) and a mouth moisturizer. We have had really good success with this product.
- Sep 11, '10 by spaceyThanks for the input! -- We've just started using Biotene.... so far I'm not a fan. Many of us seem to find it doesn't help prevent the lip goo the way VAP guard did and it sometimes even seems to turn into a thick gel glob in their mouth an hour or so after application. Seems like the VAP guard just dissolved or was absorbed. Any other experiences with this product..... good or bad?
- Oct 6, '11 by nicu/nurseWe have kits made per our NICU's protocol. Right now we are using untreated petite applicator swabs and wetting them with either sterile water or breast milk (if available). The kids are made by Trademark Medical. They have really helped our units compliance. Good luck!
http://trademarkmedical.com/pro/pro-...careswabs.htmlLast edit by nicu/nurse on Oct 6, '11
- Nov 10, '11 by nicu/nurseWe use sterile water or breastmilk. We are looking into Biotene. We have an oral care kit. It has really helped with compliance.
- Nov 10, '11 by dawnebethI just asked this recently of our nurse practitioner--she said water on a cotton tipped applicator or gauze 2x2 is good.