NICU certificationRegister Today!
- by lovemybabes Feb 23, '11I have taken the NICU certification exam and failed. I don't know what more I could have studied except, Interpreting blood gases and adjusting the ventilator setting accourdingly. We have 1 NNP and 1 DR in house at all times. We also have our own RT that stays in the unit at all times.
Anybody have an suggestions? I have found a book on Amazon and ordered it 2 times. I never get it. I found a book on a website today called NICU nursing study guide. Anybody ever use this? I can't look at the book like you can on Amazon.
- 2,913 Views
- Feb 25, '11 by NeoNurseTXThe 3 day review course by Linda Jurestshke (sp?) saved my butt on that. She was RIGHT on the money for what to study. Google NICU Solutions.
Yeah, they are probably not close to you at all, but I flew to Chicago to attend her course and just took an edu-vacation and it was worth every penny.
- Feb 28, '11 by Love_2_Learnwww.nicusolutions.com Thanks NeoNurseTX for sharing your experience with this company! I have seen the speaker at national nursing conferences and read some nursing journal articles she has written in neonatal nursing journals and she seems wonderful in every way. I have been to the website and even signed up so they will email me when they schedule new conferences. Although I already have my RNC-NIC certification I would still love to go to one of her reviews because I love soaking up all the neonatal nursing information I can and love to learn something new each day! I'm even more interested in going to one of her conferences now that you have left your post! I think an edu-vacation would be great fun too...call me crazy if you want to. lol Thanks again and congratulations on earning your certification!!!
- Mar 1, '11 by Love_2_LearnNow I'm truly salivating! For the food and the review!!! Thanks! lol
- Mar 4, '12 by TeenyTinyBabyRNThe review class was great (I took it when she came to Fort Worth, so I drove 7 hours from Corpus Christi), and it was totally worth it.
The Core Corricullum for Neonate Intensive Care Nursing is a great book.
I used both for my RNC and just passed last week.
- Mar 17, '12 by ToughingItOutSo nervous to take mine...any quick tips as to what to study? Everyone just tells me EVERHTYING.