I got an extern job in the NICU! - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 8, '12 by Nurse4445Hey!!
I am a student nurse who is interviewing for a NICU position as well for an externship. Do you have any advice for the interview/ what did you say when they asked you why you wanted to working in the NICU?
Thanks so much!
- Mar 9, '12 by pfallsHow exciting--good luck! I picked NICU as my first choice for my preceptorship in my last semester of school and we should soon find out if we got our first choice. I hope I did because the unit at the hospital I chose does hire new grads, but preference is given to those who precepted there so I am dying to find out if I got in!! I owuld start next month--I would think of it as a working interview and hope to reinforce the contacts I have already made there while shadowing. Congrats and good luck!
- Mar 19, '12 by BeJuledKristen how do you apply for a nurse extern job? Do they post them or do you just need to contact the manager? I am in RN school now and am really hoping to get my foot in the door this summer with a job in a hospital and will pretty much take whatever I can get!
- Mar 21, '12 by GreenkjiIf you haven't aleady take NRP. Congratulations! Even if you don't get hired right away, you will have great experience for your resume and the chance to network with NICU people .
- I told the interviewers that all through school I LOVED ICU... I was all about it. But when I got to neonatal ICU something just clicked and I knew NICU was for me
- @Pfalls -
I applied to a nurse extern program and specifically applied for a position within pediatric intensive care. I applied last fall, interviewed this Spring and just got word that I was accepted. The information about their extern program was on the hospital website.