University of Rochester Accelerated Nursing Program - ABPNN - page 98
I just got accepted into U of R's accelerated bachelors nursing program. Just wanted to start a thread to see who else is going there!... Read More
- 1Jul 24, '12 by demeanor89Debbie,
I'm sure you'll be fine. Like I said before, it was just like a conversation and just be yourself. Don't worry about them throwing very hard to answer questions, they just want to see if you understand the profession and the challenges that come with it. The questions may also differ for each person because everyone with different backgrounds are applying. I was never asked about my strengths and weaknesses. Also, I find it helpful to ask the interviewer questions regarding the school and even the city, if you have never been there. Def will help! . It's quite short too, only 25-30 minutes. I'm quite anxious though, I feel confident but then again I feel having a good feeling is going to get me jinxed for some reason. Has happened in the past.
- 0Jul 25, '12 by Deb5737July 25, 2012
Thanks Demeanor89, I know they will not ask any question that I have not heard before. Nonetheless, this is one of the biggest moment of my life. I really just want this so badly. I suppose I will just have to put my best forward and then hope and wait like everyone else. Talk to you soon.
- 1Aug 12, '12 by Deb5737August 12, 2012
I was interviewed in August and I have not gotten a response yet. If my memory serves me right, I believed the interviewer told me that they will be sending out acceptance letters at the end of September or around the first week of October. I hope this helps.
- 0Aug 23, '12 by hippocraticrushHi Deb5737,
Thank you for your response. I felt very comfortable with the interviewer because she was extremely friendly and nice, which make it harder to predict. Ughhh September is coming up. It's time to look into my mail box. Good luck everyone!
Last edit by Silverdragon102 on Aug 23, '12 : Reason: easier to read
- 2Sep 24, '12 by lovelylady12*** called me today and I was ACCEPTED! Woohooo! I was shaking when she said the words! Anyone else hear anything yet?! I want to start a thread for the January 2013 cohort. Hope you all are hearing good news tooLast edit by Silverdragon102 on Sep 24, '12 : Reason: name removed as per Terms of Service
- 1Sep 24, '12 by emilykbLovelylady12:
Congratulations!!! I also received my phone call today and was ACCEPTED :-) Looks like we're going to be classmates.
I was speechless on the phone, and cried after hanging up. I am ecstatic. Please feel free to start a threat for January 2012 cohort!
Good luck to the rest of you all. Anyone else hear back?
- 0Sep 25, '12 by lovelylady12Emilykb congratulations! So happy for you Are you from the Rochester area? I am, and I live in the Gates/Chili area. I'd love to exchange info., as I am sure most of us will be getting close (studying, crying together lol) during the challenging but exciting 12 months of the program! I will post a link to the Jan. 13 thread for you to join !
- 0Sep 25, '12 by lovelylady12