SUNY Buffalo ABS 2013-2014 - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 8 by Jobanana04Hello Everyone. I am interested in applying to the 2014 ABSN class at UB. The application isn't available online, just wondering if anyone could give me an overview of what is on the application?
Also, does anyone have any insight as to what they are looking for? Is is based mostly on grades or are they looking for someone with a decent amount of health care experience? Any other attributes that may be beneficial?
- Apr 14 by CeestahrJobanana,
The application includes questions such as: Why do you want to be a nurse, and what type of experience do you have that will help with school. They look at more than just grades, they look at any volunteer or job experience than you may have. It seems like the median gpa that people had was a 3.5 and we all came from varied backgrounds. We had a doctor from Russia and a dentist from Canada but also lots of liberal arts degree students looking for something a bit more profitable.
- Apr 15 by Jobanana04Do they require academic references?
- Apr 26 by CeestahrNo, no academic references are required.
- Jun 3 by kjy76Congratulations to those who got accepted. I am also looking forward to get into nursing program. I am going to apply to next year for traditional program. But just wondering, I was thinking how hard is this 1 year program. And before getting into accelerated program, I know that you have to get another degree and then apply for accelerated program. Is there particular degree that you supposed to get before you get into accelerated program? I want to know what you guys got before getting into accelerated program. I would be look forward to your answer. THanks
- Jun 21 by CeestahrThey take degrees from all sorts of different specialties. My personal degree was a BA in English but we've had Doctors, Dentists, High School Teachers, and Epidemiologists enrolled. It allows you to meet a wide variety of people.
- Aug 7 by TeraTWHi everyone,
I'm getting ready to apply to the ABSN program for next year. Would anyone be able to tell me a little bit about your experience so far now that the summer is almost over? What is your take on the job market for ABSN grads in Buffalo?
- Aug 7 by TeraTWkjy76- I have an MA in Anthropology with a focus in medical anthropology. Going into nursing because I realized I liked working with patients WAY more than I like doing research/grant writing.