St. Mary's Children's Hospital, QueensRegister Today!
- by DeanaKay Mar 3, '11Hi, does anyone currently work at St. Mary's Children's Hospital in Queens? If so, do they accept ADN/RNs? How is there working environment? Any information on salary and benefits would be helpful. I'm interested in going into Pediatric nursing. Thank you.
- Mar 4, '11 by nina_RNhi there.. i remember trying this place around mid last year.they have a hiring center in elmhurst queens too.i spoke to a recruiter over the phone, and when i mentioned i was a recent grad,she was quick to respond that she won't take in new grads . If you are a RN w/ nursing experience, the degree may not matter. I hope you know that this hospital is for children w/ special needs. it never hurts to try.so, call 'em up and find out.
- Mar 4, '11 by DeanaKayThank you nina_RN. Are you currently working in Pediatrics right now? If so, how is it? Thanks again.
- Mar 7, '11 by nina_RNsorry for the late response.i was working for a while as a school nurse and was offered a home care pediatric position but chose to start on a med surg unit i recently got hired for at a hospital. have always enjoyed working around children.So, definitely see myself going back to specialize after gaining some acute care experience.
- Mar 7, '11 by DeanaKayThat's great. Congratulations on the Med/Surg position. I'm sure you will be back in PEDS soon . Thank you for your input.
- May 9, '11 by DeanaKayDoes anyone have any current info on this hospital? Starting salary, benefits, etc.?
- Jul 5, '12 by one.two.threeAnyone have any information about the hospital?