NYU ABSN Spring 2013 - Page 17Register Today!
- Nov 22, '12 by MindylaneI requested to join the group too. Thanks!!
- Nov 23, '12 by amanes@knh39!
Hi! I am just joining the discussion, but I also got accepted for Spring '13 and I will be looking for a roommate! I live in Cambodia right now but I am heading back to the States a few weeks before Christmas, and then to New York at the end of December or beginning of January.
Any ideas where to look?
AngieLast edit by Silverdragon102 on Nov 23, '12 : Reason: TOS pm to member
- Nov 24, '12 by lotrCan current NYU ABSN students please provide their perspective on NYUCN's simulation labs with mannikins? The concept of being exposed to a wide array of patient scenarios and having the opportunity to play out the nurses role seems like a tremendous way to learn and get hands on experience. However, earier cohorts felt the simulation program fell short of its potential-- technology often did not work and the professors were disorganized. I am hoping that NYU has corrected the technical issues and that the professors have more experience under their belt in teaching using this tool. Do you think that sim lab enables you to learn more effectively compared to the onsite clinicals? Is this capability a reason to pick NYU over Columbia (which I understand does not have a cutting edge simulation lab).
- Nov 25, '12 by nycnursetobe2014Hey Angie! I would suggest craigslist- there are always people looking to rent out rooms all over the city.
- Nov 25, '12 by ssv78i did!
- Nov 26, '12 by CrstnBeachIs the decision emailed or posted on Albert or mailed? I Am an NYU alum so pretty Albert-savvy but I don't see where it would be online.
- Nov 26, '12 by nycnursetobe2014All three- I got an email and then logged into Albert and it was posted under application status. There was a green box under that tab that said something like 'admissions offer'.. got a packet in the mail about 5 days later.
- Nov 26, '12 by missacheungdid you guys get a lot of financial aid? with hurricane sandy and the ensuing blizzard, i missed the deadline :-( i live in nyc and there was so much going on that i didn't get to it in time. i'm really upset at myself and depressed about the whole thing. $86,000 to be paid in full.
i just talked to the financial aid rep and she said the only thing they have left is "federal aid" which is actually a deceptive term for "student loans." i just wished nyu helped out its students a little bit more.
sorry i don't mean to whine, just upset-- good luck to those of you who haven't heard back yet and congrats to those who've been accepted.
- Nov 26, '12 by LM NY$86,000 is for the accelerated? They make you pay the whole 15 months tuition up front?