NYU ABSN Spring 2013 - Page 15Register Today!
- Nov 20, '12 by hopefulapplicantLM NY - Sorry, I am not too sure about that.
I received my acceptance email at 10am EST today!
- I just received my acceptance letter, too!
This is the first school I've heard from. Not having to relocate would be nice (I live on Long Island) but the program is also so expensive. I really need to thin kabout this.
Good luck to everyone else.
- Nov 20, '12 by missacheunghi everyone, i received my nyu admissions email as well. nyu was actually my second choice in case i didn't get into columbia. what i didn't realize is that i need to submit my decision for nyu by dec and i don't get my columbia admissions decision (as well as decisions from other schools) until february. nyu's program starts in january! poor oversight on my part. i don't know what to do now. i'd like to know my options first before i commit to nyu. also i know its really pricey and they are not too great on fin aid. is anyone else in this position? thanks.
- Nov 20, '12 by nycnursetobe2014I also got my acceptance letter today!! I applied regular decision too. Shocked it was so fast!
- I suppose one could pay the deposit and then still wait and see and lose the deposit if you really want to consider all options? I don't anticipate hearing from some schools, though, as late as March/April, so I really think it's just considering what you think your chances are. I think I'll hear back from maybe a handful by mid-December.
- Nov 20, '12 by lahhere@knh39- would you mind if I asked you what your credentials were like? I feel like I've been put in the ',maybe' pile and ill have to wait longer to hear my decision. i applied early. I have a 3.0 from undergrad but my transcript isnt a great site. for instance i failed many classes (honestly, due to illness and depression as a result- which i tried to explain in my transcript). since then i have 46 credits after college with a 3.96 gpa, including 4.0's in all of my pre reqs. It's really sad to me that my undergrad, which was 11-6 years ago, could possibly haunt me and stay with me. oh well wishful thinking! thanks for listening
- Well, if it makes you feel any better, lahhere, I had some not too great grades my freshman year. I was in a major I hated, was so incredibly home sick, and probably was just not mature enough to take on everything that I did. I also went to college with my boyfriend and was hospitalized for a week right before finals, which didn't help. My GPA was just below a 3. Since then, I've consistently gotten much better grades (undergrad was 3.6, my preqs are about the same, 3.5 right now, but I anticipate As in the two classes I have in progress). I am sure they will take into consideration the fact that you have shown so much improvement over time.
- Nov 20, '12 by jhlucchesii was accepted today as well!!! congrats to everyone who was accepted today!
@lahere-- I totally understand where you are coming from, my undergrad gpa was a 3.0, as i wasn't really looking to excel in college, I was just looking to pass- which i was afraid would come back and haunt me as i was applying to grad schools. But I think as long as your prereqs are good, your personal statement and letters of rec are good, you should be fine. Those are definitely what I think got me in. I was sooooo nervous too. I explained how I didn't have my priorities straight during my undergrad but how I have matured etc...HAVE FAITH!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! It's good that you haven't gotten a rejection yet, it means you are still in there! Good luck!
- Nov 20, '12 by lahherethank you so much for your kind responses @jhlucchesi & Mindylane
- Nov 20, '12 by RhodyRedHopefulapplicant - congrats!! Perhaps I'll see you in January in the pre-req classes! What ones do you have to take? I will be taking Chem and Microbio and then probably A&P in the summer.
Also, congrats to everyone else as well!!