NYU ABSN Spring 2013 - page 15
by coffeescrambledeggs 57,455 Views | 237 Comments
Hello, I'm a long time AN reader, first time poster. I haven't seen any discussion about spring 2013 entry, so I thought I would start. When are you guys going to apply? august or sept?... Read More
- 1Nov 20, '12 by MedSurgRN14hi everyone, i received my nyu admissions email as well. nyu was actually my second choice in case i didn't get into columbia. what i didn't realize is that i need to submit my decision for nyu by dec and i don't get my columbia admissions decision (as well as decisions from other schools) until february. nyu's program starts in january! poor oversight on my part. i don't know what to do now. i'd like to know my options first before i commit to nyu. also i know its really pricey and they are not too great on fin aid. is anyone else in this position? thanks.
- 0I suppose one could pay the deposit and then still wait and see and lose the deposit if you really want to consider all options? I don't anticipate hearing from some schools, though, as late as March/April, so I really think it's just considering what you think your chances are. I think I'll hear back from maybe a handful by mid-December.
- 0Nov 20, '12 by lahhere@knh39- would you mind if I asked you what your credentials were like? I feel like I've been put in the ',maybe' pile and ill have to wait longer to hear my decision. i applied early. I have a 3.0 from undergrad but my transcript isnt a great site. for instance i failed many classes (honestly, due to illness and depression as a result- which i tried to explain in my transcript). since then i have 46 credits after college with a 3.96 gpa, including 4.0's in all of my pre reqs. It's really sad to me that my undergrad, which was 11-6 years ago, could possibly haunt me and stay with me. oh well wishful thinking! thanks for listening
- 1Well, if it makes you feel any better, lahhere, I had some not too great grades my freshman year. I was in a major I hated, was so incredibly home sick, and probably was just not mature enough to take on everything that I did. I also went to college with my boyfriend and was hospitalized for a week right before finals, which didn't help. My GPA was just below a 3. Since then, I've consistently gotten much better grades (undergrad was 3.6, my preqs are about the same, 3.5 right now, but I anticipate As in the two classes I have in progress). I am sure they will take into consideration the fact that you have shown so much improvement over time.
- 0Nov 20, '12 by jhlucchesii was accepted today as well!!! congrats to everyone who was accepted today!
@lahere-- I totally understand where you are coming from, my undergrad gpa was a 3.0, as i wasn't really looking to excel in college, I was just looking to pass- which i was afraid would come back and haunt me as i was applying to grad schools. But I think as long as your prereqs are good, your personal statement and letters of rec are good, you should be fine. Those are definitely what I think got me in. I was sooooo nervous too. I explained how I didn't have my priorities straight during my undergrad but how I have matured etc...HAVE FAITH!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! It's good that you haven't gotten a rejection yet, it means you are still in there! Good luck!