Kingsborough Nursing Fall Semester 2012Register Today!
- by Samantha02 Jun 22, '12Did anyone take the NLN pre entrance examination this passed week at Kingsborough College?
- Jun 23, '12 by NySubiHey, I just took it on the 21st at kbcc. I don't know when exactly they will send out acceptance letters but I heard it should be in two weeks. First, I thought studying for the exam would be the worst part then came the actual exam and now the waiting game. Its killing me. Good Luck!
- Jun 23, '12 by Samantha02I called the nursing department they are going on vacation she said the letters should go out 3rd week of July. This is torture! Does anyone have any idea how many people took the NLN? How did you guys do in Sci 25?
- Jun 23, '12 by NySubiThat's a long time and your right, it is torture. I did okay in Sci 25, I got a B.
- Jun 23, '12 by Samantha02Good Luck!!! i got an A in Sci 25 but NLN could be better 125. Mikey congrats on the 157 composite score!
- Jun 23, '12 by NYzMikeyThanks Samantha. I got an A+ in Sci 25. From the dozen or so scores I have heard of from friends the avg NLN score was in the mid 120s some 130s. Though that's only a few people. July is gonna be a long month. Keep me updated and I'll post when and if I receive the letter.
- Jun 24, '12 by NySubiSamantha and Mikey, you both did very well! I didn't do too well on my NLN, I received a 126. I have a pre req gpa of 3.4. I hope to get into the program but I'm prepared for the worse. One thing we have to keep in mind is that it's based on the group that took it at Kbcc and not everyone that receives an acceptance actually accepts the seat. There are many different factors that they consider during this process. Stay positive during this long torturous month. I'll keep you guys posted as well.
- Jun 29, '12 by Samantha02Any news?
- Jun 29, '12 by dorothydumplingHi there,
I'm a semester behind you guys but would really appreciate some advice. I just finished BIO 11, and will take BIO 12 in the fall. Am waiting to hear back from the nursing dept. for permission to take SCI 25. (I decided to take the summer off.)
--How hard is SCI 25 compared to BIO 11?
The reason I ask is because I'm considering transferring to City Tech for Spring 2013 because it's closer to where I live, and SCI 25 is not transferable to City Tech. Should I take SCI 25 just in case I end up staying at KBCC? Is it too much a waste of time and effort if I don't eventually get credit for it? I'd be more ready to take it if it wasn't too much work and helped prepare me for the NLN though. I didn't find BIO 11 *that* hard. What do you guys think?
-- Does each CUNY nursing school prefer their own students? What have you guys heard and have you applied to other schools too?
So glad to have found some fellow KBCC students!!