ASA COLLEGE nursing program(brooklyn, ny)Register Today!
- by shanie818 May 29, '12Is anyone attending or heard anything about ASA' s nursing program?
- May 29, '12 by niceybabyI actually just left this school today. My co-worker registered last week. SO from what I get, its about 24k for the program. They tell you that you will first need to go into the MEdical Assisting program and then after your gpa is up to 3.0 you can test for the program. The lady I spoke with then went on to say, "you will be placed on the waiting list". When I inquired about how long the list is, she stated she did not know. But that as a conciliation, Id have a Associates in Medical Assisting to fall back on. Take it for what you want but this just seemed odd to me.
- May 29, '12 by shanie818yeah that sounds really odd. it also sounds likemildred elley. well i will keep my fingers crossed for st. pauls and thank you for the responseLast edit by Silverdragon102 on May 31, '12
- May 29, '12 by mzthang2260Medical assisting first? Why, so the school can get more money? Why would I waste my time and money doing a medical assistant program first to see if I get in to an RN program? Why not just apply directly to an RN program? To complete the medical assistant is about two years then I must spend another two plus years to get an associates degree In RN, I could have my bachelors in that time frame. A few months ago I went to Asa website and downloaded the nursing curriculum and it looked reasonable but I didn't know or see anything about getting the MA first. If this is the case I wouldn't encourage anyone to apply.
- May 31, '12 by izza_ziggywell I am actually going today to talk to the director of nursing, and I am also not to sure about this college.
They told me the same exact thing.. to go for medical assisting first, but I will definitely not be doing that. This school seems mostly for people that are ESL, from what i gathered.
are there any specific questions I should ask?
the only one in my mind is, if i want to further my degree in nursing will the credits be transferred?
- May 31, '12 by shanie818Sorry I didn't respond earlier I taking my entrance at exam St Paul's. How was the visit
- May 31, '12 by JAYPARKbe careful of st paul school of nursing
- May 31, '12 by shanie818sliverdragon Mildred elley is a school name
- Feb 6 by Goddess of healthSo I actually attend the nursing program at ASA and all I did was take the NLN pre entrance exam and got the score they wanted and I had a 3.7 GPA along with a few other requirements and I was accepted. I'm going into my second semester and so far it's been great I love the girls in my class, were like a family. The faculty has been good so far... Very pleased with the program as well so far.
- Feb 9 by SjsweetdimpleHello Goddess of Health,I recently got accepted to ASA's RN program and will be starting classes Spring '13. Unfortunately, I couldn't find much information about this program. Is there any insight you can give me (what to expect, how helpful instructors are, and anything else)?