UNM - SpringRegister Today!
- by PsychiatricNP Nov 6, '08Did anyone out there apply to UNM College of Nursing for admission during Spring 2009 - either to the 2nd degree BSN or Traditional BSN option?
- I did apply but didnt get in
- Nov 7, '08 by shan007Yeah i applied to UNM CON but i did not get in , but i will try to get for summer!
- Nov 7, '08 by shan007well since the references were apart of the application it likely that we send in more references.
do you know how many people they accept each semester?
- Ohh... It will be embarrasing to ask my professors for new references...
I know for Spring 09 they took 8 students out of 68 applicants. Their preference is NM residents.
For Summer I think they will take 12, however I am not sure.
- Nov 7, '08 by Medic09Good luck guys!
I'm a NM resident, and UNM CON grad from a year ago. The CON definately prefers NM residents, though I had a few classmates who were not.
To give you an idea of size, my class was 60+ students. 16 of us were second-degree students; the rest regular 4 year students. I recall for sure only 3 or 4 from out of state, but I didn't really know the whole class well.
I found it helpful to communicate with an advisor at CON during the whole application process. They were always responsive, and thus I was assured that I was doing the right things. Of course, it also helped that I could show up there once or twice to actually speak with someone face to face.
Narimanaz, I'm thinking that when you say they took only 8 students, you mean non-residents?
- Nov 8, '08 by srn2009Medic09, They took 8 students including residents and non-residents. They had 68 applicants and I think 48 of them were qualified, so they were selecting out of those 48.
- Nov 8, '08 by PsychiatricNPGood to luck to everyone as they apply! As a side note, I believe that the September 15th application was for both Spring and Summer admission. The next application deadline is February 15th and this is for Fall 2009 admission.
- Nov 8, '08 by Medic09Okay, I think I got it figured out. That must be 8 from outside UNM. Most of my classmates had done freshman and sophomore years at UNM. Only a few (in addition to us second-degree folks) came from other colleges.
That's pretty rough! Good luck!
You have lots of BSN programs closer to home. Why UNM?