NM license renewal help! - page 2
by karleon 9,030 Views | 13 Comments
Hi evryone, i printed out a renewal form in New Mexico BON website and filled it out completely with my credit card payment on on it. I sent it 3 weeks ago and then after 21 days i received the same blank renewal form and didnt... Read More
- 0Aug 6, '09 by Sonagnonnm board of nursing does not issue hard copy licenses anymore. here is a statement from their website
effective jan 1, 2009, the new mexico board of nursing will no longer issue hard copy licenses or duplicate licenses. licensure, including renewal, can be verified by using our on-line license/certificate lookup. (choose "license/certificate lookup" from the top menu item on this page called "license/certificate lookup.")
the new mexico state board of nursing’s on-line verification is a service provided to licensees, employers and the public. information is updated daily (every 24 hours).
this website can be considered primary source for this information. do not accept a copy of the license as a reliable verification that the person is licensed.
results from the license/certificate lookup will display the following information:
- name of the licensee or certificate holder.
- type of license or certificate. r= rn; l=lpn; h= hemodialysis technician; c=medication aide
- license or certificate number.
- original issue date of license or certificate.
- disciplinary actions taken by the board of nursing. please note: if no discipline action is listed on the website, then there is no discipline against this license. disciplinary action taken can be obtained by written request.
- the status of the license or certificate including whether the individual has multi-state privileges. multi-state privileges means the nurse can work in any compact state using their new mexico license.
- advanced practice (crna, np, cns) status
- prescriptive authority status for cns
- 0Sep 11, '09 by jay_jhi! i need help in renewing my license.. i've read a lot of threads about renewing by NM BON and i came across a lot of people having problems with it. My license is expiring january 2010. I'm planning on renewing it this month as soon as i find out how to exactly do it. I already have a copy of the renewal form. I also have a few (free) CEs certificates. i'm thinking of buying one online that's worth 30 hours already. i'm confused thought.. would it be okay if i just send all the CE certificates i've gotten aside from the one i'm planning on buying online? coz i'm not even sure if some of them are credited by NM BON. i tried contacting them to clarify if they'll accept the ones i got right now, but they're not responding. anyway, i just want to make sure if that's just okay coz i dont wanna mess my application up as much as possible.
and oh, what else should i do after i fill up the form and have my 30 hours CEU (or more in my case)? which is better with the mode of payment?
ur response would be greatly appreciated.
- 0Sep 11, '09 by karleonyou dont have to send a copy of the CE's certificates with your renewal form, it will only be needed for random audit. there are a lot of CE's website that are accredited by all BON, new mexico BON doesnt usually reply on those kind of inquiry since you could find the answer to the CE's website that you will use.