UMDNJ Accelerated BSN Spring 2013 - Page 7Register Today!
- Nov 13, '12 by mmichael09hey guys! Ive seen people do this in other kinds of forums and i think it'll help those of us who are applying next year know what our chances are and so we can do all we can to make ourselves competitive. If you get accepted please post your GPA, pre-reqs, resume, letters of recommendation, or anything else that you think helped you get it. Congratulations to all of you!
- Nov 13, '12 by yaz423the fb page doesn't come up for me when i search it... Here ya go michael- i graduated from Rutgers this past may with a 3.28 cum gpa, i majored in bio, my pre-reqs were all A's and B's except for General Chem in which i got a C, i don't have any experience working in a hospital or clinic but I had a few months experience shadowing nurses, PA's, etc of a orthopedic surgical center.
- Nov 13, '12 by njgirl1188Hi, I'm new on the forum and just got accepted to UMDNJ Newark campus this spring. I sent my deposit and haven't heard any more news but have been reading recent posts. Can somebody tell me when orientation is? what is NACL? and when actual classes will start in January? I would appreciate any information that I seem to be missing out on. So excited to meet all of you
- Nov 13, '12 by njgirl1188Sorry I forgot to add:
I graduated college with a 3.0, had A's and B's in all of my prereqs, majored in Health Science and Sociology, had an internship at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, and my recommendations were from a former professor and my supervisor at the hospital. Hope that helps!
- Nov 13, '12 by maryg1410Hey, I found a way to make a custom "link" for the Newark facebook page so it can be found easier:
"UMDNJABSN" is the facebook group address, again its open and titled "UMDNJ ABSN Newark Spring 2013-Summer 2014" and here is a link
Orientation is on December 6.
I graduated with a 3.64 from TCNJ, NursingCAS gave me a 3.71. Had a 4.0 in prerequisites. I had a 400 hour internship at a cardiac rehab center which may have helped too.Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Nov 13, '12 : Reason: ToS--no unauthorized links to FB per Tos
- Nov 16, '12 by lianna88I graduated from Temple with a 3.2, BA in Psych. A's and B's in pre-reqs. My letters of recommendation were 2 personal letters from nurses, one that is a nurse in the specialty I'm aiming for (psych nursing). My essay focused on my passion for psych nursing, and visits I took in high school to Ancora Psych Facility to discover more about what I loved. While I have no medical experience, I've consistently held a job for over 10 years and have a lot of experience working with people (you really have no idea how much basic customer service is valued in health care).
- Nov 16, '12 by sweetsunshine12Hello all =)
I am going to Newark as well...graduated wid a 2.9 GPA.. A's and B'S mostly for science prereqs except for Chem- got a C. ..have volunteered in the ER of a hospital since past 3 yrs. Did externship at a Pediatrician's office for almost 1 yr, shadowed a PA for 6 months in the ER. Got my rec. letters from a Doctor and one of mi science professors.
- Nov 17, '12 by PianomanI just got accepted to Newark!! Congratulations to all accepted applicants, and I look forward to meeting you all! My GPA (according to NursingCAS) was 3.79, and I got A's in all prerequisites. I have absolutely no experience in healthcare.
- Nov 17, '12 by HighlyFavHI All,
Congratulations on your acceptance! Do read you medterm and medmath books, but enjoy your days off before school start..!.
If you have any questions, I'll be more than happy to help!
Student, Newark Campus