Transferring LPN license to NJ..Register Today!
- by Toyota LPN Nov 8, '12Hi, I am transferring my LPN license from PA to NJ and it takes so long ( 10 weeks). I filled the endorsement notarized application and did all paperwork, got through all process, fingerprints, license verification and so on.. I called to NJ Board of Nursing on Monday and they told me that all necessary information is in their system and I should get my license soon,because they have all necessary information. I started my application in the middle of September and every time when I call there it's same answer. I don't know what to do.Are there any agencies who supervise NJ Board Of Nursing?Is there anybody above them? Any ideas.. Thanks
- 1,967 Views
- Nov 9, '12 by JustBeachyNurseNJ BoN is utilizing a new system so there are many delays. You can review your application status online. Some are successful by visiting the BoN offices in Newark. The BoN is under the auspices of the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs.
- Nov 11, '12 by Ashley, PICU RNIf they told you it will take 10 weeks, I would expect it to take 16. NJ is extremely slow and everyone who is applying for a new license or endorsing goes through the same thing. With the recent hurricane, many government buildings were closed for several days due to the storm and power outages. This will cause further delays. You can keep calling, if it makes you feel better, but you'll just have to be patient.
- Nov 11, '12 by JustBeachyNurseState offices in NJ are now only reopening, many staff have been diverted to assist in the high need areas such as disaster induced unemployment, housing needs, issues with the public utilitites (or lack thereof). I'd put the wait at longer than 16 weeks at this point...NJ is in a continued state of emergency in all 21 counties right now.
- Nov 12, '12 by Toyota LPNThe other states have more people and a lot of nursing schools and a lot of applications and their BONs always work faster and never looking for excuses. Thanks for suggestions..
- Nov 13, '12 by JustBeachyNurseNot all states are quick.