School Nursing in New Jersey
- 0Feb 25, '09 by LevohnHi,
I'm looking for a school nursing program for certification. I already have a BSN. Have any ideas?
- 1Feb 25, '09 by Jag815Here's a list of schools that offer the certification program:
I plan on returning to Kean University once I get my RN. If you decide to enroll in their program, I highly recommend taking any class with Dr. Bowe. She's a great professor!
- 1Feb 26, '09 by Cree8ive1Not sure if you're looking for north, central, or south Jersey, but Rowan University (formerly Glassboro State) has a pretty decent school nurse certification program from what I hear. I just happen to live close by and know a few people who've gone there. I have no personal experience as I'm just working on completing my RN! Good luck!
- 0May 10, '09 by khiasdestinyI don't think everyone understands your question. Are you looking for a certification nursing school (LPN) or a degree program (RN)? Well since you have a bachelors there are many accelerated nursing programs.
-University of Medicine and Dentistry has a good BSN-RN acceleration program
-Seton Hall University
Just to name a few hope that helps.
- 0May 10, '09 by Jag815I think the question is straight forward. Are you sure you posted your response in the correct area?
He/She already has a BSN (Bachelors of Science in Nursing). Therefore, assuming they've taken and passed the NCLEX, they have their RN license. Once you have that, you don't need to go to an accelerated program. The accelerated program is only for those who have a Baccalaureate degree in a non-nursing field and wish to pursue a degree in nursing (BSN).
A School Nursing certificate is separate from your license. In order to practice as a school nurse, you must be a licensed RN and possess a school nurse certification.