Rutgers ABSN - GPA RequirementsRegister Today!
- by 2bEsqtoRN Oct 13, '11Hi all,
Yesterday I attended Rutgers informational session and guests were told that unlike other nursing schools in NJ and elsewhere, they heavily look at one's academic record to determine admittance. They also relayed that for this upcoming admission cycle, applicants are required to have at least a 3.3 GPA in their undergraduate degree.
I would love to hear from current or former Rutgers ABSN students/alum on the types of GPAs and majors they had that resulted in their admittance to the program. Seeing how the school does not require personal statements or letters or recommendation, I assume most acceptance applicants into the program had extremely good grades? Would anyone know if they weigh prerequisite classes any differently from courses taken in undergrad?
- Oct 13, '11 by 2bEsqtoRNSorry mods, I posted in the wrong section. Can someone please relocate to the NJ Pre-Nursing Student forum?
- Oct 15, '11 by 2bEsqtoRNQuote from onedayitllbemeHey oneday,i thought they did? separate from application.. i am not in medical field so weighting on grades might help me, but doesn't seem fair to not look at whole package.
I agree and I even spoke to the representatives about this. Unfortunately they only look at grades. No personal statements, letter of recommendations or resumes are needed or reviewed.
- Oct 16, '11 by tnbutterflyMoved to NJ Nursing Programs Discussion forum.
- Nov 10, '11 by chiasmus100Did the Info Session state whether they favor Rutgers graduates in the application review?
- Nov 11, '11 by onedayitllbemeYes, I think she said it was a different app even.
- Nov 11, '11 by onedayitllbemeYes they favor, it sounded like that to me.
- Nov 15, '11 by 2bEsqtoRNQuote from chiasmus100Absolutely not. If any favoritism is shown it is towards applicants with high academic performances in all the prerequisites, moreso the hard sciences. So long as you graduated with a 3.3 GPA or higher, they didn't seem to care where you went for undergraduate.Did the Info Session state whether they favor Rutgers graduates in the application review?