New Jersey City University accelerated nursing program?Register Today!
- by virgo7598 Nov 23, '11I've got a BA in Psychology with a minor in Biology from Montclair State University. I've recently been toying with the idea of applying to an accelerated nursing program..however I've got an overall GPA of 2.6 which was brought down because of my genius idea of cramming in all my Biology courses into 2 semesters (bad idea).
Looking online, I've found NJCU's program and it looks to be a good fit. However, according to the prereq's, I would still have to take Microbiology and one more Anatomy/Physiology class. Also, it is only a 3 semester course, each semester with 21-22 credits.
Do you think my chances of being accepted are low? If by some chance I am accepted, I would still like to keep a part time job. Do you think that would be possible? Or too much work?
I appreciate any feedback or advice. Thanks.
- Nov 26, '11 by virgo7598Oh come on..no one has any advice??
- Nov 27, '11 by enilrekI'm in the same boat as you, I'm also applying to ABSN programs. I've been to several different information sessions and the recruiters always say the same thing: they don't recommend that we work because it will be a stressful situation. Especially, considering the fact that NJCU is a 12 mos program, compared to most programs that are 15mos long. If you decide to work while doing the program, be prepared to resign if things get too difficult. Best of luck to you!
- Dec 5, '11 by juegagirlFor a fact there are 500 students applying every year and only 48 slots. It's a toughie! good luck!!
- Dec 5, '11 by juegagirlCan I take micro online for the njcu admission to accelarated bsn
- Jan 22, '12 by moonnurseyou can probably take micro online but call the advisor to make sure they'll accept the course first. Good luck!
- Feb 28, '12 by JustFiguringItOutI am in the process of applying to the NJCU Fast Track BSN 2nd degree program. Just wondering what the schedule is like in the program (M-F 8-5, 9-5?? Weekends??) and approximately how many hours of homework you have each night. If anyone who has been accepted into past programs could also let me know their GPA, HESI scores, and how established your resume is I would greatly appreciate it! Also, for the reference letters- do you only have to return the printed forms they provide on the website or do you have to include a letter from the person recommending you? It doesn't say a letter must be included but I feel that it would make the application stronger. Hoping to get accepted for the fall and would like to get a good idea of exactly what the program entails. Thanks!
- Jan 21 by wanttoknowDid anyone get accepted into this program? How is/was the program. Doing research and found this program which I think is a good fit because it's connected to brookdale hospital. How are the classes? How are the professors, lectures, clincals?
- Jan 21 by juegagirlI am currently in the program!! It is pretty tough! About to start second semester, so can only comment on first semester! There is a large amount of reading and deadlines but it is very do-able. Good luck!