May 2013 Nurse Residency at Valley Health System in Ridgewood, NJRegister Today!
- by jessie25 Jan 23Has anyone applied to the New Graduate Nurse Residency at Valley for May, 2013 class?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=810593©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,125 Views
- Jan 31 by LauraJeanBQuote from jessie25Yeah I applied last week. Do you happen to know if it closes on a specific date? It doesn't really say much on the application about when they are done taking applications or when they will get back to you.Has anyone applied to the New Graduate Nurse Residency at Valley for May, 2013 class?
- Feb 4 by IrishTravelerI interviewed 3 weeks ago and apparently it takes them 4-6 weeks to get back to you :-\
- Feb 5 by jessie25The application closes this Friday on February 8th...what did you think about the assessments. They were really long! Are you from the NJ/NY area?
- Feb 5 by jessie25@Irish Traveler did you apply to the RN Residency...If so, that's a pretty quick response considering the app went up on Dec 25...how was the interview and floor did you apply for?
- Feb 6 by IrishTravelerThe assessments were really long. Took me well over an hour. The interview was very brief and none of the questions were specific to nursing. The woman interviewing me was very aloof and kind of discouraging. I left feeling hopeless. Apparently though the people doing the interviews are just HR people, not nurses, so they really dont know the proper nursing interview technique. I told them to put me down for any floor.
- Feb 7 by LauraJeanB@jessie25 Yes I'm from NJ. I actually have never even heard of the hospital until I stumbled on the application and saw it was a residency program. There are so few residency/new grad programs in NJ! Do you know of any more? I know Morristown Hospital's will go up sometime next month..
That assessment was pretty ridiculous, so many questions. I'm glad they threw some nursing questions in though.
- Feb 13 by jessie25I was happy they included some nursing questions to cushion that crazy analytical assessment. As for more programs in NJ, I am playing the waiting game: Centrastate in Freehold has one but they haven't posted anything yet. My call to them was unsuccessful. There is also St. Clares in Denville. The catch is however that the residency is 4 months and UNPAID. Then there is the "possibility" that they will hire you after. Are you will to check out of state. I am currently interning in the DC/Marlyland area and have applied to 3 residencies here already. Waiting for a few more to go up and missed a few. Not sure where it will go but the opportunities were here so I applied...hope this was helpful!
- Mar 13 by LauraJeanBHas anyone heard back? I feel like its a bad sign being over a month from the due date and still no word...
- Mar 18 by IrishTravelerI havent heard back either and my interview was 9 weeks ago :'(