Essex County College Fall 2011 Nursing Exam - Page 3Register Today!
- Oct 21, '11 by Miracle86How do we interpret the score for the Entrance exam? I asked my friend but she said that her print out is different from last years print out!!
- hi miracle86!
click on the link below:
here's a tool to help you interpret your nln scores. how did you do?
- Thanks!!!...So Essex will be going by the last column? the Relative Performance? When I spoke to the lady from NLN she said its not broken down into the Associate degree percentile like it was in previous years, and I know Essex use to go by the Associate degree percentiles.
- I really wish i knew what method Essex is using and where i stand. I am honestly not sure... i can only speculate from information provided by others. Do you feel somewhat confident?
What is an Associate Degree Percentile?
- On one of my classmates score sheets from last year they broke the percentiles down according to those entering associate degree programs, and 4 year degree programs. This year I guess they lumped it all together in one group (Relative Performance). When I spoke to the lady at Essex on Friday who was sitting across from the computer lab where testing was being held she said it goes by the middle category but idk if she knew what she was talking about. If it goes by the last category I missed it by 4 in the math section. In the Relative Performance category I received a 77 in Verbal, Math a 46, and Science a 68 with a composite of 116.
- I just called Ms. Jackson at the school; and she said it goes by the middle category, but i don't think she knows what shes talking about because then I asked her if its the one with the percent sign or is it the percentile; she said the one with the percent sign. If its that one then I have over 50 in every category but I believe its is the percentile which is the last category. In the middle category I received a 71% in verbal; 55% in math; and 60% in science. If you want to speak to Ms. Jackson her number is 973-877-1868
- Before taking the test, all counselors and such said that you need to get at least 50% correct in all categories to be entered into the program...I assume that that is the middle column only because they didn't say that you need to get into the 50th percentile as the 3rd column is the percentile column for each section... You did best in Verbal and usually, this is where folks get their lowest score.
Were there lots of people testing when you took the test? There were three people (including me) on the date that i tested.Last edit by SNHRN2B on Oct 24, '11
- When I took the test it was about 25 people. My computer froze 3 times. I had to use 3 different computers
There was a guy taking the test his computer was frozen the whole time, he was really ****** I felt so bad. He was close to crying but I felt his pain...Wow on 3 people...lol...we had a full room but no one discussed it after when I asked one guy he ran away lol idk what was wrong with him haha.....how do you think you did
- Hopefully, i did well enough....i'm hoping.
My percentile scores (last column) are:
Verbal 83, Math 98 & Science 96 ...I also made it over the 50% mark in the 2nd column. Hopefully, we'll be starting the program together!
- You did really good ....yeah Hopefully....we will see soon..I got accepted to Rutgers so I have to let them know if I wanted to attend for Social Work I graduate from Essex this December