Bergen CC evening nursing 2013 - Page 3Register Today!
- Nov 13, '12 by A_Rose83That's awesome! Anyone else feel like this is going to be a very long 2 weeks?!
- Nov 13, '12 by LilysmamaYes!!!
- Nov 14, '12 by jhun81Hi everyone, I'm planning to apply for fall 2013! I hope everyone gets in!! I have a few questions about HESI. Are the HESI exam subjects assigned randomly for everyone or is it different by college? Also, how helpful is it to buy the book? Is there a best way to prepare for the exam? I really appreciate it. Thanks!!
- Nov 15, '12 by Lulu.RThis is definitely going to be a LONG 2 weeks!!! .... Thank you, jhun81. I think the wait is the hardest part of this whole process. As far as the test goes (at least from my experience), I found the book to be helpful in some ways but not in others. Everyone applying to the nursing program at Bergen has to take the same sections of the test - the sections may be different for other schools but I'm not sure about that. As far as the vocab, grammar, and reading comp sections go, I thought it was really a lot of common sense questions. Some of the word meanings from the vocab section were in the book but others were not. The math was pretty basic and had a lot of fractions, ratios, conversions, %'s, and decimals - not too bad. I found that the chemistry and bio sections had very random questions so I would suggest having good general knowledge of both subjects. These are the 2 parts of the test that I would suggest using resources other than the hesi study guide alone to study. I hope this helps you out!
- Nov 15, '12 by A_Rose83I agree with Lulu, definitely focus on Bio & Chem. The test doesn't really get too in depth with the subjects, but very random. As for grammar and reading comp., common sense. Vocab I would study the words in the book, but they also throw in random words. And Math, exactly what Lulu said, and you have a calculator on the computer the entire time, so that makes it easier! It really is not that hard, try not to stress too much. You have plenty of time to study, good luck!
The waiting is brutal another 2 weeks of torture! Average is still at 78% with 5 days left of testing.
- Nov 15, '12 by LilysmamaLol a_rose i check that and my admission status like a few times per day. The fact that there are 90 seats makes me feel confident that we all got in. but i do wanna just know for sure already!
- Nov 16, '12 by LilysmamaStill 78%... I wonder how many more people have to test...do you know when the last day is?
- Nov 16, '12 by A_Rose83I was thinking the same thing! The last day to test is Nov 20th.
- Nov 17, '12 by LilysmamaIve noticed that although the average stays the same, the % for each subject changes. They keep going down.
- Nov 17, '12 by A_Rose83Where do u see those %'s? I only see the overall average.