Who is waiting? - Page 6Register Today!
- Apr 1, '09 by Animal3Coachgirl, if you have a BA and MS there are colleges that have a BSN program for people like you who have a bachelors in another field, I think the program is like 16 months for a BSN. Mass school of Pharm in Manchester has one and I think Riv has one as well.
- Apr 3, '09 by niko1999Yeah, but that is a wicked expensive way of doing it, I looked into it, and its like, 30k a semester, no kidding. I am doing the AS to BS b/c though it may take longer, I will save myself a TON of money in the long run (18k for 3 years as apposed to per semester). So yeah, they do hav the programs, and UNH also has a direct entry master's as long as you have the classes.
- Apr 6, '09 by CoachIsLovei did look into those programs, but i agree it is too expensive.
- Apr 10, '09 by melmarie23I am in the DEMN (direct entry) program at UNH and while its more expensive than that of a community college, its really reasonable. Plus there is financial aid. Dont let the numbers scare you. :-)
- Apr 13, '09 by niko1999The only problem with the Direct entry there is that they are no longer offering family nurse practitioner, which is what I want to do eventually-I have noticed a lot of schools with direct entry don't offer family, usually nurse educator instead. Oh, and update on stratham for those of us waiting, letters are supposedly ready, but apparently need signing by admission personal, who is possibly out sick. Maybe we will get those letters by the end of the week?:angryfire I would love to give up my spot to manchester to one of you wait listers!
- Apr 15, '09 by knittedmittensi finally got my letter from great bay this afternoon-- i'm #4 on the wait list. does anyone know how good my chances are that i get a spot for this fall?
good luck to everyone still waiting!
- Apr 15, '09 by niko1999I am number 8, last year they made it through 12 or 13 on the waitlist, so look at it this way, had they gone through the whole waitlist, we would have had made it. Anyway, I think the chances are pretty good, did you apply anywhere else? We can call and bug in a little over two weeks
- Apr 15, '09 by knittedmittensyeah i applied to manchester but i wasn't accepted. here's hoping we make it off the waitlist and into this fall's nursing class!!
- Apr 16, '09 by niko1999I talked to admissions today, and she said number 8 is a good number, so you shouldnt have any problem being number four. Keep our fingers crossed, because I REALLY DONT want to go to manchester. I am a wuss, don't want to start all over again getting established