My husband is a RN and will be graduating with his masters degree with a MSN in Family Nurse Practice and I am currently a per diem nurse in NY. We both have 10+ years experience on several different types of hospitals and units. We are trying to get some info. on hospitals in the Portsmouth Region. We've heard about Portsmouth Regional, Exeter Hospital, and Wentworth-Douglass. Can anyone give me information about these hospitals?
1. Do they do 12hr, 8hr shifts, or both.
2. Do you like working there/are you proud to work there?
3. Pay rates for per diem nurse and if they are used frequently.
4. Pay scale for Nurse practioners.
5. Do the hospitals utilize NP's and to what capacity?
6. Benefits (amount of vacation and sick time, retirement, health care insurance, child care, etc.)
7. Overall culture of the hospital (management vs. [nurse managers, upper management, MD's] hourly payed employees [i.e nursing, nursing assistance, PT, pharmacy])
ANY info. would be appreciated as we are trying to weigh the benefits of working in MA v. NH.