Holy Name Hospital - Page 11Register Today!
- Jun 12, '11 by mamabear85Thank you!!
I have an appointment for my physical and all that on Monday. I have to call on Monday, I have soooooo many questions, especially about the deadlines. I'm cutting it way close with everything!! LOL Going to see if I can do uniforms next week too.
Where are you from? I live in Dumont.
- Jun 12, '11 by tmhartI have mostly everything done. I was waitlisted last year so I knew if I didnt get in I had a spot for 2011. I have had alot of time to get things together. I live in Washington Township.
- Jun 12, '11 by tmhartHas anyone purchased a stethoscope yet? Im not sure which to go with. I was looking at the Littmann Master Classic II and the Littmann Classic II SE.. any suggestions?
- Jun 13, '11 by peanut901Congrats!! I'm sure you feel great now that the waiting is over. I'm very anxious to find out my schedule for next year I need to order my uniform as well and begin the search for all white sneakers haha
- Thank you very much peanut 901! Aha, so we can wear sneakers? I wasn't sure, I've been going through all the paperwork and wasn't sure if white "shoes" meant no sneakers. I happen to own all white sneakers that I bought for my wedding and I never knew what to do with them afterwards, now they have a second purpose.
I think I am going to do uniforms this week. I have just started looking into stethoscopes and I'm overwhelmed by the choices. The Classic II and the Master Classic II seem like good quality with mid-range pricing. Where would you purchase yours?Last edit by mamabear85 on Jun 13, '11 : Reason: Additional info
- Jun 13, '11 by peanut901I purchased mine at a nursing store on Route 4 East. (I forget the name of the store but I can look it up on the
receipt) I purchased a Littmann.
- Jun 13, '11 by tmhartI just finished ordering my uniforms and I purchased all white sneakers there. I am going to order my stethoscope at allheart.com they seem to be better priced.. I was looking at both those littmanns.. Ugh so many choices. Im going today to HNH to drop off my summer tuition and im going to ask them if they have suggestions on which stethoscope.. I'll let you know.. The three of us should plan to meet and go to orientation together
- How long did they say the uniforms would take?
I've been researching the Littmann's and that seems like its perfect for our purposes. Getting it engraved? I saw that on medisave.net they do free laser engraving. I'm going to check amazon and ebay too.
I'm sorry if you said before, but do you mind sharing where you live peanut901? Sounds like the 3 of us are in the same area.
- Jun 13, '11 by tmhartThey told me the uniforms would take a couple weeks... When I stopped by the school the women I spoke to didnt know about stethoscopes but I'm def getting a littmann and it engraved! I heard they disappear often lol
- I heard about scopes disappearing too, I'm hoping its more accidental! I can't imagine that adults in such a professional setting would deliberately steal from one another!! Lol
Do you know what you're getting engraved, initials or full name or a combo?