New grad program at Sunrise HospitalRegister Today!
- by scorpioRN78 Aug 25, '11I'm new to this forum and am hoping that someone can shed some light into new grad program at Sunrise or Valley hospital. I just graduated this past May 2011 and have found work just recently as an RN. I was wondering if when applying for the new grad position, the hospital would still consider you qualified if you have already been employed as an RN. I know that St. Rose hospital require that you have not used your RN license at all to be qualified for their new grad program. Is it the same for the Valley Health Systems hospital and Sunrise? I've only been working for a few weeks as an RN and it's not in an acute care setting. I don't know if this job has ruined opportunities for me to get hired for the new grad positions. ANy information will greatly be appreciated. Thanks!
- Sep 3, '11 by cevic2Sunrise hospital has hired people who have already started work as a nurse. I have a friend who was working for almost a year and she applied to their new grad program and was hired. Good luck!
- Sep 20, '11 by baker1bvI had worked 3 months in an LTAC and valley still put me through their new grad program. I believe they try to put anyone hired into the valley system with less than a year of experience through it.
- Sep 23, '11 by j5676cHave you heard back from Sunrise? The nurse recruiter asked me to complete a questionnaire and a survey but I haven’t heard back from her since I turned those in about a week ago.
- Sep 24, '11 by scorpioRN78Quote from j5676cHave you heard back from Sunrise? The nurse recruiter asked me to complete a questionnaire and a survey but I haven’t heard back from her since I turned those in about a week ago.
No, I applied for the NICU new grad position back in August and for the other new grad position but have not heard back from them. Did you apply for NICU too? I talked to the NICU manager 1st week of September to follow up and at that time, they haven't started calling people yet. When and where did you graduate Nursing school? I believe these positions are pretty competative.
- Sep 24, '11 by j5676cI only applied for the New Grad RN position. Anyway, I went to nursing school in Hawaii and graduated in May of this year. I feel that it’s very competitive if you didn’t go to school here in Vegas.
- Oct 1, '11 by SimplisticRnxI also applied for the new grad position too. Anyone know when they will start contacting people for interviews or know when this program actually starts? Thanks
- Oct 1, '11 by j5676cI spoke with a recruiter and she said that they’ll start contacting people in early October. Did you also complete the questionnaire and survey?
- Oct 1, '11 by SimplisticRnxThanks for the updates!! yeah I sent in my questionnaires and survey just last week. Hopefully we'll get an interview soon. I wondered how many people applied for this program. Were you able to specify which unit you wanted to be interviewed for? I just wish they have a lot of slots open on each of their floors. Fingers crossed for us
Quote from j5676cI spoke with a recruiter and she said that they’ll start contacting people in early October. Did you also complete the questionnaire and survey?
- Oct 1, '11 by j5676cI know. I hate waiting. Anyway, I didn’t specify a unit. I am interested in working in critical care though. Did they tell you anything after you turned in your questionnaire and survey? I just received an email afterwards that said, “We will be talking to you soon.” Also, did you apply to the new grad positions at MountainView? Hopefully we both hear good news soon =)