Drug GuideRegister Today!
- by Jimmah555 Jan 7, '11Hey everyone. I was talking with a 3rd semester CSN RN student and he said that the Mosby drug guide sucks. He recommended the 2009 Prentice Hall drug guide instead because it helps you do the drug cards easier, and helps in clinical. I want to know if the 2011 Pearson (formerly Prentice Hall) or the Davis are better than the Mosby. Anyone have any info on this?
- Jan 7, '11 by SunshineDaisyHmm, I dunno...Davis is one of the recommended books for CSN though!
- Jan 7, '11 by Jimmah555I said screw it and bought the Davis and the Pearson. Better to have it an not need it than to need it and not have it right?
- Jan 7, '11 by SunshineDaisyDid you get them online? I am going to order the Davis one. Trying to decide which of the extra books I should get!
- Jan 7, '11 by Jimmah555I had some money left on that book grant, so I used it with the two drug guides, and I also got the Taber's Dictionary. Someone recommended it, and it's basically free with the grant, so I said why not?
- Jan 10, '11 by SunshineDaisyYeah, my book grant was eaten up by the 2 extra books I got. I'm going to see about getting one of the drug guides at least!
- Jan 12, '11 by moonriseRNDefinitely Davis for drug guide - and just get the latest one...I remember I bought mine a year ago for school and 2 months after I bought it there was already a huge change in patient teaching for Nitroglycerin tabs. Also I found it helpful to purchase the Taber's Medical dictionary. It's handy if you are reading about one disease and then you find that the etiology is from 4 other diseases that you have no idea what they are - you can look it up and at least have a baseline for your additional research.
- Jan 12, '11 by Jimmah555Yeah I got the Davis, the Mosby, and the Pearson drug guides along with the Mosby Distionary and Taber Dictionary. I have a total of 15 books now. Can't wait to lug them all around for group study sessions.
- Jan 12, '11 by kbrooke00I have the Davis Drug Guide and Taber's....I love the Davis one....It is very thorough!!!
- Jan 12, '11 by SunshineDaisyI got the Davis one today in the mail! I bought, um, 5 of the recommended books for about $150 online! Got 3 of them today, should get the other 2 tomorrow or Friday!