- 0Jan 27, '09 by dmskokaHas anyone applied to Creighton for their fall accelerated BSN program. I was accepted. It was one of 5 schools that I have applied to . Currently I am in California and want to see the school..Anyone have any comments input?
- 0Jan 29, '09 by dmskokaQuote from justinrjacksonThanks that is what I have heard.. There does seem to be some nice apartments within 10 miles of the school? I asked Carla about the scholarships - she said that she thinks that the chances of getting one are 50% . I really need to get one and get a job.. or at least get a job.. Out here in northern California it is very hard for new grads to get a job.. Do you know anything about the job situation there? salaries?I just got accepted to Creighton also. Omaha is a nice quiet city. I have lived here for 4 years. Not a whole lot of stuff to do, but it's a nice city. Creighton is a fantastic school, only downside is it's location.
- 1Jan 29, '09 by justinrjacksonThere are quite a few jobs available here. I work at The University of Nebraska Medical Center right now in research, and I see postings all the time for nursing jobs. Right now I believe there are over 50 openings at this hospital alone. Starting pay is around $25-$30/hr. The benefits here are amazing, so that is also something to think about. Do your research on the neighborhood before committing to an apartment, there are some shady areas around here. You can ask me about an area if you like, I'd be happy to help. You can email me at email@example.com.
- 1Jan 29, '09 by WalkieTalkieLOL, starting pay is not that good. It's actually $20.07 at The Med Center. Methodist will pay you more if you have a BSN.
I live really close to the Med Center (also close to Creighton) and there is actually a Creighton ICU nurse who lives right across the hall from me. It's 2 bedrooms for only $575/month, which isn't bad, if you don't mind not having a dishwasher, pool, etc. There are a lot of decently priced apartments in this area, you just have to know where to look. I don't live in the nicest neighborhood by any means, but I never feel unsafe here, and I can walk to work, which is a huge bonus.
- 1Jan 30, '09 by WalkieTalkieHere are the links for the hospitals in this area. I'm not sure who is hiring and who isn't at the moment, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to apply if you will be moving here. Even a part-time or casual position while you are in school would be wise given the current economy. It will at least get your foot in the door.
The Nebraska Medical Center - http://www.nebraskamed.com/careers/
Alegent Health - http://www.alegent.com/body.cfm?id=290
Methodist Hospital - http://careerlink.com/9/9/5/4/profile/
Children's Hospital - http://www.chsomaha.org/body.cfm?id=19
Creighton University - http://www.creightonhospital.com/en-...s/default.aspx
- 1Feb 2, '09 by WalkieTalkieQuote from dmskokaThe Nebraska Medical Center does have a new grad program which includes a 3 month nurse residency program.I checked out the web sites for hospitals in Nebraska and I do not see one that mentions new grad programs? Can anyone comment on this? Do they not have new grad programs for new nurses? are they trained a different way?
Thanks for any info.....
- 0Feb 2, '09 by dmskokaQuote from c0ntagionIt looks great.. I will have to give them a call. I wonder if anything is changing right now here with the economy? I know where I am .. they still advertise new grad programs and are still hiring but the competition is fierce.The Nebraska Medical Center does have a new grad program which includes a 3 month nurse residency program.
- 0Apr 18, '09 by ocgalHi
I am applying to Creighton University for the accelerated program for the spring 2010 program. I am also from cali, I am finding it really difficult to get into school here in california. I have heard nothing but great stuff about this school and even when I call creighton they are so nice an helpful. I was just wondering if any of you who have been accepted, can you please tell me your cum gpa and science gpa? My cum gpa is 2.8 , however my pre-req nursing is about 3.5, so I am really hoping that I can get into the program. Also can you tell me after you applied how long did it take them to let you know if you got into the program? thanks