St Mary's and Capital Regional in Jefferson CityRegister Today!
- by rodggang Aug 28, '09Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone is working at St. Mary's or Capital Regional? We are getting closer to being able to relocate from Iowa and was curious on how each place treats nurses, pay scales, shift differentials, do they have any weekend packages. My experience is in ED, but interested in overall thoughts on these hospitals.
- Dec 10, '09 by RN-BS1972Treatment wise capital region is better
- Dec 14, '09 by mamac0805I wourk at capital region. I am pleased with the way nurses are treated especially coming from a larger hospital in Kc area. Pay scales are very similar if not exact at SSM to CRMC. The hospital has more of a community feeling which is the best attribute for me. The administration tends to be more open minded to the employee's feelings/thoughts for recommendations of patient care improvement. I have been here for 1.5 years and have no large complaints. Let me know if you have any questions.
- Dec 14, '09 by mamac0805Ooops i forgot. Capital region does work off the weekend program. As a week day nurse I do not have to do any weekends due to the weekend program. Shift differential i am not too sure of maybe 5$ for nights/weekends, that will definately have to be researched.
- Dec 19, '09 by oncologyRNMandyI work at St. Mary's and I love it here. I worked here as a tech before I became a nurse. We have a weekend program which is time and half. Night differential is $3. And we are the only hospital around that still offers tuition reimbursement for previous nursing loans up to $4200/year. It's a great place to work! It definitely has a family atmosphere, you see the same people all the time and know their names. Many of our floors have "Advocacy Nurses" that only do admissions and discharges. It definitely takes the load off... I've never worked at Cap Region so I can't say anything either way. People seem to be very passionate in town one way or the other though I know that... I've had to have 2 different surgeries in the last year and I had them both at St. Mary's if that says anything. Any other questions just let me know and good luck!